Error on deployment connection. Connection to the deployment share could not be made (network driver not installed) RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a Asus X55C laptop and I am attempting to deploy it through the use of an image but I received the error:

connection to the deployment share could not be made. The deployment will not proceed. The following networking device did not have a driver installed PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1091&SUBSYS_147C1043&REV_10."

I researched on internet and I found out the correct network driver. I imported the driver into the out of box drivers, set up the selection profiles correctly and updated the deployment share.

I still received the same error when deploying

I cannot see where I am going wrong.. anyone got any ideas?

Friday, May 31, 2013 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Below is from MDT Documentation regarding Known Issues and Workarounds.

This chapter describes known issues you may encounter while using MDT. When deploying Windows 7 with an active wireless network adapter, you may be prompted to join a wireless network when you start Windows 7 for the first time. To prevent this prompt from appearing, perform the following steps to modify the unattend.xml file:

1.    In the Deployment Workbench, go to the properties of your Windows 7 task sequence.
    2.    Click the OS Info tab, and then click Edit unattend.xml.
    3.    When Windows System Image Manager appears, go to OOBESystem/OOBE.
    4.    In the details pane, set HideWirelessSetupInOOBE to True.

Please bear in mind, that my answer is based on the details given in your post. The more I get the better the answer, Slan go foill, Paul

Friday, May 31, 2013 10:22 AM
  • Your giving an answer to a totally different issue.. I know how to prevent a wireless connection prompt. What details did you use to give that type of feedback?
    • Edited by Turbine01 Friday, May 31, 2013 10:55 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2013 10:55 AM
  • Hi,

You got me,

The network driver might not have been added when you did what was described in your post. Try adding the driver using DISM.

Create 2 folders WIM and DRIVERS on your C:\

Copy the LitetouchPE_x86.wim or LitetouchPE_x64.wim from DeploymentShare\boot to c:\wim

Copy the Network driver to c:\drivers

Open command prompt from the Windows AIK or Windows kit\windows ADK  folder right click and run as administrator

Dism /mount-wim /wimfile:c:\wim\LiteTouchPE_x86.wim /index:1 /mountdir:c:\mount

Dism /image:c:\mount /add-driver /driver:c:\drivers\ /recurse

Dism /unmount-wim /mountdir:c:\mount /commit

Then copy it to boot images from your Windows Deployment Server

Now try again. Best of luck.

Please bear in mind, that my answer is based on the details given in your post. The more I get the better the answer, Slan go foill, Paul

Friday, May 31, 2013 1:06 PM
  • try a different driver?  did you use the Asus-provided driver, or if its a broadcom/intel/etc did you use the driver provided from their website for the NIC chip?  I have Dell D630 laptops, and the built-in WinPE 4.0 driver doesn't detect the NIC, neither does the one from broadcom.com, but the D630 Windows Vista driver from 2010 on Dell's support site works great.  So, you may be experiencing a similar problem.
    Friday, May 31, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Since you mentioned setting up the selection profiles correctly does that mean that you are using the "total control" method?  If that is the case are you sure you are using the model number for the drivers exactly as it shows on the "Model" or "modelalias" tasksequence variable?

If you are not using that and you have all your drivers inside the out-of-box drivers section then make sure your task sequence is not set to a different selection profile.

Saturday, June 1, 2013 5:06 AM