none
Problem inserting the object RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

How to insert Excel Worksheet in the field of Notes for add information.

When i insert any Excel worksheet it shows a message box "There was a problem inserting the object".

• Edited by Jssvish Friday, November 17, 2017 5:35 AM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 5:08 AM

Answers

• Wishwas'

Do you not get the Insert Object window shown below when you hit the "Insert Object" icon?

If you do not then there is a problem with your version of Project. What is your version number (File > Help > "additional version and copyright information" in the middle on the right side of the screen)? It should be 14.0.7176.5000. If you do not have that version, run Windows Update.

If your version of Project is fully updated, try a repair or Project through the Windows Control Panel

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by Jssvish Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:04 AM
    Thursday, November 23, 2017 3:54 PM

All replies

• Vishwas",

How big is the Excel Worksheet? Does it work if you insert a simple test worksheet?

What version of Excel? What version of Project?

John

• Marked as answer by Jssvish Saturday, November 18, 2017 8:51 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jssvish Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:57 AM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 2:31 PM
  • John

Excel version is 2013

MS Project Version is 2010

Saturday, November 18, 2017 8:52 AM
  • Vishwas'

But you didn't answer my first question. How big is the Excel Worksheet (i.e. rows, columns)?

John

Saturday, November 18, 2017 2:14 PM
  • I inserted simple Excel worksheet, but doesn't accept any work sheet blank or filled it shows "There was a problem inserting the object". How to resolve that problem.
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:00 AM
  • Vishwas'

I don't have Excel 2013 so I don't know if there is an incompatibility with Project 2010. Try saving the Excel file in an earlier format and then try the import.

John

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:19 PM
  • Sir,

There is not any select or browse option to import the Excel, it shows only a message "There was a problem inserting the object" when i first click on "Task information> notes>insert object ".

Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:36 AM
  • Wishwas'

Do you not get the Insert Object window shown below when you hit the "Insert Object" icon?

If you do not then there is a problem with your version of Project. What is your version number (File > Help > "additional version and copyright information" in the middle on the right side of the screen)? It should be 14.0.7176.5000. If you do not have that version, run Windows Update.

If your version of Project is fully updated, try a repair or Project through the Windows Control Panel

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by Jssvish Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:04 AM
    Thursday, November 23, 2017 3:54 PM