Static routing based on phone numbers... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I have Cisco's conferencing system which I can reach by normal Lync call using the SIP URI: "ciscoconf@internal.company.com". This is working because I have setup a static route for the "internal.company.com. Our normal sip domain is company.com

But I would like to also setup Lync to route the external phone calls into there.

At first I tried the static route using the LineURI "new-csstaticroute -matchURI "tel:+358123654789", but that failed because "matchUri" should be FQDN.

Next I tried to add use account which have SIP address like "test@interna.company.com", but that failed because incorrect sip domain.

How great it would be if I can enable contacts as a enterprise voice users and have target address externally.

Has anybody else though is this possible to be done?

Petri

Monday, December 17, 2012 10:49 AM

Answers

• So you have PSTN connectivity direct to Lync that you want to extend to the Cisco conferencing server?  Is this via a gateway or Direct SIP trunk?  If it's via a gateway, you could have the gateway route specific numbers directly to Cisco.

Lync 2010 cannot route PSTN calls between two different systems.  This feature is new for Lync 2013.  Some basic info here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205272.aspx

I assume this is a Cisco/Tandberg VCS system and not something like Cisco Call Manager?

• Marked as answer by Petri X Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:48 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hello

Can you try the -MatchURI "sip:+358123654789@yoursipdomain" ?

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 MCTS: Lync Server 2010, Configuring MCSE

Monday, December 17, 2012 10:52 AM
  • Good idea, but that gives the same error than "tel:+358123654789@internal.company.com":

Invalid value for MatchUri: Value is not a valid FQDN or suffix.

Petri

Monday, December 17, 2012 1:32 PM
  • Internal.company.com is your SIP domain?

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 MCTS: Lync Server 2010, Configuring MCSE

Monday, December 17, 2012 1:51 PM
  • No, that is the external domain for Cisco, which I have defined as a static route. That is needed to make the conferencing service available for the Lync clients.

But now I'm looking for the way to route inbound calls via the Lync. I have a feeling that this is pretty similar with the Exchange UM service. ExcUM numbers we are routing also through the Lync.

Petri

Monday, December 17, 2012 3:38 PM
  • So you have PSTN connectivity direct to Lync that you want to extend to the Cisco conferencing server?  Is this via a gateway or Direct SIP trunk?  If it's via a gateway, you could have the gateway route specific numbers directly to Cisco.

Lync 2010 cannot route PSTN calls between two different systems.  This feature is new for Lync 2013.  Some basic info here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205272.aspx

I assume this is a Cisco/Tandberg VCS system and not something like Cisco Call Manager?

• Marked as answer by Petri X Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:48 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 5:03 PM
  • Yes, it is Cisco's TMS environment.

Good idea to use the GW for routing, even I like more that Lync is able utilize the contacts at the same way than Exchange does with emails: contact have "lineUri" and target SIP address outside from the Lync organization.

Petri

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:47 AM