Windows 10 version 1089 - won't display ActiveX control on Word 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Word template with a single custom ActiveX control. The view from Word 365 on Windows 10 version 1803 and earlier display correctly.

The same template from Word 365 on Windows 10 version 1809 displays nothing on the UserForm.

Adding the custom control on a new Template/Document in Word 365 /Windows 10 version 1809 displays correctly. Once the new Template/Document is saved, the ActiveX Control fails to display as do all subsequent attempts to add the control to this saved document/template.

Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please keep installing the latest updates to avoid the known issue. 

If there is any updates, I will post here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Samuel,

It's recommended to install the latest updates to make the machine up-to-date.

To troubleshoot whether the issue is related to a third party service, please check the symptom in a clean boot environment.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Please check the following article: 

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/enable-or-disable-activex-settings-in-office-files-f1303e08-a3f8-41c5-a17e-b0b8898743ed

If the issue occurs after upgrading to 1809, you could consider rolling back to 1803 and check the symptom. 

Best regards,

Yilia 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 29, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Hi Yilia,

Thank you for your assistance.

I tried the Clean Boot you suggested and it produced the same faulty results. I had already checked the article you proposed to no avail.

The only solution I have at the moment is rolling back to 1803. Unfortunately, some of my users of the offending Word Template have new Laptops with 1809 re-installed and would not want to rollback.

Any further assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Best Regards

Sam

Friday, March 29, 2019 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

Do all 1809 machines have the same issue?

If yes, we could suspect that it's a potential issue in 1809. So, we need to rollback to check the symptom and use Windows 10 built-in feedback hub (type feedback hub in search box) to give Microsoft a valuable feedback and I am going to submit this case to Microsoft via our channel.

Besides, you could check the issue in Office 365 forum.

Best regards,
    Yilia

Monday, April 1, 2019 7:38 AM
  • Hi Yilia,

Thank you for you assistance and offer to pass on my query to Microsoft.

After further Tests on Windows 10 version 1086:

• Office365 version 1803 (Build 9126.2356) works OK
    • Office365 version 1808 (Build 10730.20280) Failed
    • Office365 version 1808 (Build 10730.20264) Failed
    • Office365 version 1901 (Build 11231.20174) Failed.

I've Posted this in the Office 365 forum with no response.

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Best Regards

Sam

Monday, April 1, 2019 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

Please keep installing the latest updates to avoid the known issue. 

If there is any updates, I will post here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 7:20 AM
  • Hi Yilia,

Thank you once more for your assistance. 

I await your updates.

In the meantime, can you provide any information where I can find the description of the issue, so that I can advices my users accordingly.

Best Regards

Sam

Kind Regards, Samuel Nsoatabe

Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:03 AM