Can I download Power Map GA version without "Preview" ? RRS feed

Answers

• The "GA" release of Power Map is only available in Office 365 ProPlus.  If you do not have that version you will only have access to the Preview add-in version which will expire at the end of May.

Dan English's BI Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:27 AM

All replies

• You need to disable the old com object first. Under File/Options/Add-Ins/Manage/Com objects/Go... disable the preview and enable the new Com object. After you made this change create a new power map and it will ask you to remove the old version.

More details:

http://datasavvy.wordpress.com/2014/02/25/power-map-for-excel-is-now-generally-available-for-office-365-with-a-few-new-features-and-bug-fixes/

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Ok I am sure that I being dense here.  I have added in the Service Pack and am not seeing it in Excel 2013.  I do not have Office 365 but did not think that would be issue.  Any other suggestions?
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:02 PM
  • Hello, Brad.

Office Profesional 2013 users can use Power Query by downloading from Microsoft Download Center.
    Can Office Profesional 2013 users use Power Map ?

Regards,
    Yoshihiro Kawabata

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 12:00 AM
  • The "GA" release of Power Map is only available in Office 365 ProPlus.  If you do not have that version you will only have access to the Preview add-in version which will expire at the end of May.

Dan English's BI Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:27 AM