Deployment Error in Sharepoint site RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi  All,
    When I preview the Dashboard I Can preview without any problem.But when I deploy to share point site I am getting the following error.I am the site collection administrator.sharepoint and pps server installed in the same server.while configuring the monitoring server i have used domain user account(I Have the admin permission options till now)

PerformancePoint ‭[1]‬

PerformancePoint [1] Web Part Menu
    The Dashboard is unavailable. Contact your system administrator for assistance

Kindly give valuable solutions to rectify this problem.
    Thanks,
    Ravitamil
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:33 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Does your SharePoint App Pool Identity have proper rights to the datasource?  Have you tried an iisrest and then redeploying?

Aseem Nayar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:19 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Are you sure that the PPS Dashboard Viewer web part is properly installed and configured in SharePoint?  Can you see it in the list of available web parts (screenshot)?  If this is a SharePoint web farm make sure it is installed on each server and for the site collection that you are deploying to.

I would also review the Application Event Log on the server and look at the PerformancePoint Monitoring error messages for further details and verify the permissions on the Application Pool account for SharePoint.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, February 20, 2009 3:33 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Does your SharePoint App Pool Identity have proper rights to the datasource?  Have you tried an iisrest and then redeploying?

Aseem Nayar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Are you sure that the PPS Dashboard Viewer web part is properly installed and configured in SharePoint?  Can you see it in the list of available web parts (screenshot)?  If this is a SharePoint web farm make sure it is installed on each server and for the site collection that you are deploying to.

I would also review the Application Event Log on the server and look at the PerformancePoint Monitoring error messages for further details and verify the permissions on the Application Pool account for SharePoint.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, February 20, 2009 3:33 AM