Customize newform.aspx of a sharepoint 2010 list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends ,

I am Sidhanta Tripathy. I have a sharepoint 2010 list which consists of 4 fields namely Id,Name,Dept,Status. In the  (item) Newform.aspx  have a button named Ok. When I will press button it will check whether the Id,Name field is not blank. If it is not blank then the data will stored in the list.

I need your guidence.

With Thanks

Sidhanta Tripathy

• Edited by Sidhanta Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

this is already available in sharepoint so i don't think you need to customize your list. Id field is already gets created when you create new list and it is auto increment field. So you don't need to bother about this. However if you have any specif id then you create your own field.

Now if you create any column so you have option to make field mandatory so you can make Name field mandatory (if you create own id column then make it mandatory too).

Now when you add new data in default newform.aspx page then field validation will fire automatically. No need to customize them.

Hope it could help. If you have any specific requirement so let us know then we can move to customization.

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

• Proposed as answer by SharepointDummy Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:50 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:03 AM