none
PSError: GeneralActionCanceledBecauseServerEventServiceProblem (22002) in PS2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a customer working with monthly timesheets. For some resources, one person is entering actual work in usage view in Project Professional. When finished, this person is creating all timesheets with "Surrogate Timesheet" for the period. These resource don't have a computer, but data is needed for billing system. They are working in this way since January 2008 without any issues (except some user mistakes).

Since begin August when creation of July timesheets was started, we have a lot of issues. While creating surrogate timesheet, user gets an error with someting like "Event Service". Eventlog shows PSError: GeneralActionCanceledBecauseServerEventServiceProblem (22002) for PSI Entry points TimeSheet.CreateTimesheet
     and Resource.CheckInResources.

Excerpt of UlsLog:
    Process: Microsoft.Office.Project.Server (0x23C4)
    TID: 0x02D4
    Area: Project Server
    Category: Project Server Queue
    Standard Information:PSI-Einstiegspunkt:   Project-Benutzer: xx\PS_ADMIN  Korrelations-ID: a2a14b40-153b-4a61-a206-26f1831e7730  PWA-Site: http://xxx/PWA  SSP-Name: SharedServices1  PSError: GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) A queue job has failed. This is a general error logged by the Project Server Queue everytime a job fails - for effective troubleshooting use this error message with other more specific error messages (if any), the Operations guide (which documents more details about queued jobs) and the trace log (which could provide more detailed context). More information about the failed job follows. GUID of the failed job: 6eefe533-f136-4e88-8fa0-0406bb810baf. Name of the computer that processed this job: PROJECT (to debug further, you need to look at the ...
    ...trace log from this computer). Failed job type: TimesheetUpdate. Failed sub-job type: UpdateTimesheetMessage. Failed sub-job ID: 1. Stage where sub-job failed:  (this is useful when one sub-job has more than one logical pro

After restarting services and editing resources, surrogate timesheet can be created.

I have only one suspicion, and I hope, that it is not true - we applied CU June on July 20th.

Has anyone seen something similar?
    Thanks in advance!
    Barbara

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 12:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• I believe this environment has configured with Timesheet tied mode.

When the project services (especially Event service) are frozen or the event handlers are not functioning appropriately, it will not be able to process the Timesheet request.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 5:07 AM
  • Hi Sririam,

no timesheet tied mode. Not necessary with this procedure.

- Enter actual work on project level (no difference if via "My Tasks" or directly in project plan)
    - publish
    - create timesheet for this period

-> actual work is prepopulated as actual work billable.

I also think that Event Services gets frozen. Do you have any idea why and how to prevent?

Thanks
    Barbara

Thursday, October 7, 2010 5:11 AM
  • Ok, since it seems that no-one has seen something similar, I opened a call with Microsoft.

Friday, October 8, 2010 6:00 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

What resolution did you get from Microsoft for this issue

-Piyusha

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

sorry to tell: I have no idea, if and how this was solved. I stopped working for this company while this case was running. During investigation, it seemed to be a lack of performance on SQL side. But I can't tell you more.

I can only suggest to open a call yourself.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:53 AM
  • Hi

please help me  on this we are facing same issue on project server 2013 while performing publish and checkin through server side events using custom code

Thanks

Keerthi Kanaka Sena

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 10:58 AM