Convert downloaded .stp to an actual Task List RRS feed

• Question

• I have moved 2 lists to a SharePoint site and they are .stp.

How to I make them actual lists?

I've looked and looked for an answer and can't find how to do this.

Gee

Monday, December 9, 2019 3:02 PM

Answers

• you can't keep it in a folder with the list template, you can only create a New List with that template. if you have to move it to a folder then you should migrate the list content to the folder by using any 3rd party tools or you can try with by copying by using Content and Structure from Site Settings Option.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

• Marked as answer by GretaF Monday, December 9, 2019 5:33 PM
    Monday, December 9, 2019 4:50 PM

All replies

• If you already saved that list as template then it should be on your Add an App Section. Just go to Site Content -> Click on add an app -> on left top you can get search option then you can search by your list template name -> once you find click on that Template and create a list.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, December 9, 2019 3:31 PM
  • OK, I have done that, now I need to put that list into a folder instead of just sitting in Site Contents.

Gee

Monday, December 9, 2019 3:54 PM
  • you can't keep it in a folder with the list template, you can only create a New List with that template. if you have to move it to a folder then you should migrate the list content to the folder by using any 3rd party tools or you can try with by copying by using Content and Structure from Site Settings Option.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

• Marked as answer by GretaF Monday, December 9, 2019 5:33 PM
    Monday, December 9, 2019 4:50 PM