none
Reverse DNS zone for single IP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are looking for a way to configure single IP with reverse DNS zone instead of the whole subnet. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance

LMS

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 6:53 AM

All replies

• Hi LMSU

>>configure single IP with reverse DNS zone instead of the whole subnet

Based on my further research and tests, there is no way to accomplish it.

Best Regards

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Nedim Mehic Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:46 AM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:41 AM
  • Hi LMSU,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 5, 2017 1:53 AM
  • Hello All

We followed the article "http://cohesivelogic.com/2009/11/how-to-create-ptr-entries-for-a-classless-reverse-dns-zone-on-windows-2008/" and created a test zone 10-20.10.10.192, then from command line created a record for IP 15. But nslookup failed to resolve 192.10.10.15. Any idea to correct this

Regards

LMS

Monday, May 8, 2017 6:19 AM
  • Hi LMSU

>>But nslookup failed to resolve 192.10.10.15.

We have text a period of time in our lab and the result is failed to resolve by nslookup.

I did not found any related information talk about it in Microsoft official documents. Also, I will continue to research and text in the future.

If we have any updates about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is appreciated. 

Best Regards,

Candy

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:58 AM