none
Script Error that does NOT appear in safe mode with networking RRS feed

• Question

• PLEASE can someone help!

Running IE 11 on 8.1 on a laptop.

I have just started to get a script error pop up all the time.  Sometimes I can click the x, yes or no and it will go away, until I try and do something else on the page, and then it pops up again.

Other times, I have to click x, yes or no 8 or 9 times as it just keeps popping up.

Either way, as soon as I try to do something else on the site, it pops up again.

It is worst on Facebook, but is happening on other sites too.  Not this one, by the way.

I have tried adjusting the debugging options.

I have tried running malwarebyte scan (x2)

I have tried doing a system restore (x2)

I have tried clearing all my cookies etc

I have tried refreshing my computer (x2)

After each of the above I have restarted my computer.

When I run the computer in safe mode with networking, I DO NOT get the error pop up. I know that this means something, but I do not have the tech knowhow to know what it is or what to do about it! :(

PLEASE can someone help me to stop this happening, in language intended for a non-techy idiot.

THANK YOU!

Louise

x

• Edited by lsangel Friday, September 25, 2015 6:29 AM
    Friday, September 25, 2015 6:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

there is a very old addon from Yahoo called the Spyswat toolbar that is known to always turn "Display a notification about every script error". You need to uninstall it from the Program and Features control panel and then reboot your computer for the full changes to take affect.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Louise,

I recommend you refer to the following article to troubleshoot the issue:

Turning off scripting errors

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. And the changes made in the above blog is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 28, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Hi,

there is a very old addon from Yahoo called the Spyswat toolbar that is known to always turn "Display a notification about every script error". You need to uninstall it from the Program and Features control panel and then reboot your computer for the full changes to take affect.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:14 AM