What shud i choose for future work Microsoft Sharepoint or .NET which have better scope and growth in career RRS feed

• Question

• What shud i choose for future work Microsoft Sharepoint or .NET which have better scope and growth in career

plz plz guys do reply its my life decision

Sunday, November 6, 2011 3:48 AM

Answers

• What shud i choose for future work Microsoft Sharepoint or .NET which have better scope and growth in career

Hi Harpreet,

Sharepoint is built on top of the .Net framework.So whatever knowledge you have on .Net development will complement  your work on sharepoint ,especially when it comes the SP object model.

But if you stick on to sharepoint development then you might miss out some hardcore .Net development as sharepoint rather uses a peripheral .Net implementation rather than an indepth .Net development.However the demand for sharepoint is on the rise. Various migrations:Migration from lotus notes to sharepoint in addition to the sharepoint 2007 to 2010 migration adds up to the demand of the product.

Concentrate on sharepoint,this will open the doors to further .Net development.

Regards,

Grigory

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Learn .NET development while learning SharePoint. You are still doing .NET development just using SharePoint as the deveklopment platform.

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    Sunday, November 6, 2011 4:50 AM
  • Hi,

The sharepoint is based on .Net only so to work on sharepoint you need to have .net knowledge.

I would suggest you to learn sharepoint and during the cource learn .NET as well.

I hope this will help you out

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Sunday, November 6, 2011 5:27 AM
  • thanks rashu
    Sunday, November 6, 2011 5:31 AM
  • thanks ivan
    Sunday, November 6, 2011 5:31 AM

Hi Harpreet,

Sharepoint is built on top of the .Net framework.So whatever knowledge you have on .Net development will complement  your work on sharepoint ,especially when it comes the SP object model.

But if you stick on to sharepoint development then you might miss out some hardcore .Net development as sharepoint rather uses a peripheral .Net implementation rather than an indepth .Net development.However the demand for sharepoint is on the rise. Various migrations:Migration from lotus notes to sharepoint in addition to the sharepoint 2007 to 2010 migration adds up to the demand of the product.

Concentrate on sharepoint,this will open the doors to further .Net development.

Regards,

Grigory

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 2:03 PM