none
Error sync Offline folders - files identical

Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with the offline folder sync. It always says that I have files changed on both location even if both files are identical - both size and time stamp. The files has not even changes for month or years

Have anyone had the same problem, and been able to solve it?

Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:47 PM

All replies

• Marked as answer by Karen HuModerator Monday, November 25, 2013 1:33 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by StianS Friday, December 13, 2013 1:05 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:10 PM
  • Hi,

Did you try the solution provided by T. Kujala? How is the current situation?

Every time you sync files between two locations (such as between a computer and a mobile device), Sync Center compares the files in both locations to see if they still match or if any have changed. It determines if any files need to be updated in order to stay in sync. If a file has changed in both locations since the last sync, Sync Center flags this as a sync conflict and asks you to choose which version to keep.

Please check the file in each location to confirm they have synchronized. Then confirm the issue.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen HuModerator Monday, November 25, 2013 1:33 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by StianS Friday, December 13, 2013 1:05 PM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? Please give us a feedback in order to provide further help.

Thanks

Karen Hu

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:43 AM
  • Hi,

What status is it now?

If it was resolved, we will archive this thread temporarily.

If it wasn't resolved, please reply and tell us the current situation.

If you have any other question, feel free to contact us. We will try our best to help you.

Karen Hu

Saturday, November 23, 2013 2:51 AM
  • Thank you for the tip, but due to a very strict implementation routine it will take some time before I am able to test it in production. I haven't been able to replicate the problem in our developer system and I need to be able to create a good explanation for why I think this will solve our problem (and not create any other problems...)

I will let you now

Friday, December 06, 2013 1:54 PM
  • Hi

I have now tried the registery change specified in http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d86e75e8-55ab-4443-a76f-1af2978f0e74/windows-7-sync-centre-offline-files-issues?forum=w7itprogeneral

This did unfortunately not solve my problem. Is there anyone other out there that have some good tips?

I can add that the only files that has this problem is in the AppData folder and it is only shortcuts and some ini files like desktop.ini

Monday, December 09, 2013 7:41 AM
  • Even though this thread is quite old, it contains exactly my problem and was never answered. I will just recall it hoping that in the meantime someone can give a good hint.

After using Background sync with redirected offline folders all of the sudden a lot of user get conflict-reports for files that were not touched since months and years and are 100% identical.

Someone any idea how to avoid and fix this?

Thursday, October 01, 2015 7:16 AM