Error when trying to assign number to a voice user - Your request cannot be completed... RRS feed

• Question

• Getting the following error/warning when trying to assign a number to a voice user from the Skype for Business Admin center.   Also same error/warning when trying to go into any other inactive or active user.

Your request cannot be completed at this time. If the problem continues, please contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support.

Have used different browsers (IE, Chrome. Edge), and cleared cache and cookies, did not resolve the problem.   Problem has existed for over a week now, and for all admins at our organisation.

Any Help or advice appreciated.

Regards

Jon.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Jon,

Does this issue persist all the time?

In my research, if you want to use this feature, you need to purchase a Phone System add-on license first, then buy the Calling Plan. If you have Office 365 Enterprise E5, you don’t need to buy Calling Plan, because this license includes Phone System add-on.

For more information, please refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/calling-plans-for-office-365

Besides, there are four Teams admin roles to manage Teams. Each role has different permissions.

If you want to learn more, please refer to this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/using-admin-roles

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:12 AM
  • Same here. Raised a MS case but no resolution till now.
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 12:32 PM
  • Hi Sharon,

My access rights already Global Admin and I'm been assigning phone number to user since I join my company without failure until recent.

The issue same as Jon, upon click on the 'Assign number' it will prompt the error message.

"Your request cannot be completed at this time. If the problem continues, please contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support."

My colleague has contect with MS support but no luck and no solution.

Your request cannot be completed at this time. If the problem continues, please contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support.

• Edited by William LWL Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:48 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:47 AM
  • Hi Jon,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:02 AM
  • Assuming you use Skype for Business Online with MS provided numbers?

Does it work via Powershell?

Set-CsOnlineVoiceUser -Identity aaa.bbb@contoso.domain.com -TelephoneNumber +1234567890

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi ,

i had the similar issues too. and microsoft blames it on on-prem CCE. its ridiculous.

Just realize we are not the only one facing the similar issues.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:06 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief and temporary summary of this post.

<Issue Symptom>:

Error when trying to assign number to a voice user - Your request cannot be completed.

<(Possible) Cause>:

It maybe be related to the configuration.

<Troubleshooting Steps so far>:

1.Use different browsers and clear cache and cookies.

2.Check if the user has a Phone System add-on license and buy a Calling Plan. If you have Office 365 Enterprise E5, you don’t need to buy Calling Plan, because this license includes Phone System add-on.

<Next Step>:

Check if the user has the necessary admin role to assign the voice number.

<Reference Links>:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/calling-plans-for-office-365

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/using-admin-roles

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:08 AM
  • I know this is from a while ago however i didnt see an answer so here is what worked for me: 
    When receivnig this error in the O365 tenant use Powershell SKype Online connector module to assign numbers

To assign Service number to resource account:

Set-CsOnlineVoiceApplicationInstance -Identity main@contoso.onmicrosoft.com -TelephoneNumber +15552480692

To assign User Number

Set-CsOnlineVoiceUser -Identity user@contoso.com-TelephoneNumber +15552480692

Thursday, February 20, 2020 3:45 PM
  • Hi Tracy Urbina,

Do you mean that we need to assign the number to the resource account first, then assign to the user?

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, February 21, 2020 7:49 AM