none
New to ms project RRS feed

• Question

• im trying to indicate early start/early finish and late start/late finish dates for each activity. i also want to show float for each activity. any information would be helpful

thanks

greg

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:32 PM

All replies

• There are fields available to insert into a task table in Project. Just insert Early Start, Early Finish, Late Start, Late Finish and Total Slack, Free Slack columns to a table to display the values.

Regards. 

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:37 PM
  • i have my schedule done with the predecesors and successors and the duration. i put the early start and finish and the late start and finish  along with the total slack and it is saying about 800 days  for total slack for each activity, is there  a way to find where this huge number is coming from

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:56 PM
  • Which version of Project are you running ? Have you applied the latest updates ? 
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:04 PM
  • im using 2010 standard and it was just installed on my pc 2 weeks ago.  i just got hired from this company and i am supposed to help format and update the schedule the project managers already made. i am used to primavera so this is a challenge finding all the stuff that i used to on it because of the difference in terminology. i need float for each activity and total float, on primavera i used the pert chart to do this with a start to finish task dependency. im not sure if they messed with something because these numbers shouldnt be this far off i was considering doing a aon by hand to see where it has messed up
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:11 PM
  • Can you send me the mpp file at projectuser[at]fastmail.fm ? 
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:20 PM
  • There is no need to insert columns in the Entry table. Try having a look at the Schedule Table. It has all of the relevant fields in it. No need to find the necessary columns and insert them into any table.
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:29 PM
  • Hi,

You must have at least one task scheduled in 2014.

Greetings,

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:20 PM