My PC is screwed... RRS feed

• Question

• First, I downloaded Iobit Advanced System Care, which worked great.  I added their malware function as well, which found some things Malwarebytes missed.  This was when the problems started.  I was using MSE for my anti-virus, but once I installed these programs MSE wouldn't work.  I had to uninstall it, troubleshoot, but nothing.  I said screw it, got BitDefender Pro and moved on.  Then my Malwarebytes (paid) said it was corrupt or missing files, something like that.  On top of it, I think I am now running my computer as administrator which is a big no-no for security reasons.  Suddenly when I boot my PC up and it goes to the security log in screen there are now two profiles, mine and one that is an administrator and has some programs of mine but it's like it has revert almost back to when I got it out of the box because this best buy crap pops up.  That's another thing, this best buy program has shown up under my profile and I cannot delete it.  Here's the kicker: I have this awful 4Shared browser and toolbar.  I've tried all I could think of to remove it, but it's not budging, it's like a virus.  So if you would please help me with these problems.  I am a novice, but with this stuff I am a noob.  Here's the list that I need help with.  I thank you immensely if you can correct these issues.  I need my computer back.

1.  4Shared browser/toolbar get rid of

2. How do I stop running my computer as admin.

3. How do I remove the second security profile that is an admin.

4.Getting rid of the Best Buy program

5. How do I get rid of the Iobit Uninstaller

6. How do I get rid of BitDefender SafePay

Sorry, that's alot but if you can help you'll be in my good graces forever.  Please be elementary with the instructions.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:36 AM

Answers

• It is virtually impossible to troubleshoot and diagnose all the different problems you describe in an internet forum.

I would suggest wiping your hard drive clean and start over with a new install of Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Hi,

It is not suggested to use two anti-virus programs and if you want to repair the computer, you can refer to the following article:

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:31 AM

All replies

• It is virtually impossible to troubleshoot and diagnose all the different problems you describe in an internet forum.

I would suggest wiping your hard drive clean and start over with a new install of Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:45 PM
  • MSE and Malwarebytes are noted for not working together. MSE doesn't work well with other active malware programs. Bit Defender to me stinks. I had Bit Defender for 1 day and dumped it. I use Iobit uninstaller with no problems. Try booting into safe mode and then try using Iobit uninstaller to remove the tool bars and programs you want to remove. I use AVG Internet Security 2013 and Malwarebytes paid version together with no problems. Here is a serial for AVG if you need it. 8MEH-R6633-YP39H-YCNSR-HHW2U-EEMBR  Will make it good until 2018.

• Edited by Schloicka Friday, March 8, 2013 12:19 AM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 12:13 AM
  • Hi,

It is not suggested to use two anti-virus programs and if you want to repair the computer, you can refer to the following article:

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:31 AM