DFSR: Is its possible to specify a Full Mesh Replication Topology from the command line? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

I have an issue with modifying replication groups from the command line and would appreciate your help.

Scenario:

I have a replication group which is replicating data for a link called 'Law' in a Full Mesh across 3 servers called SERVERA, SERVERB and SERVERC.

I wish to add in 4th (SERVERD).

I have develped the following commands so far:

:: Add Target
    dfsutil target add
    \\domain\namespace\law \\serverD\law

::Add ServerD As member of replication group
    dfsradmin mem new /RgName:lawreplicationgroup  /MemName:ServerD /Domain:Domain

::Set  Member Properties
    DfsrAdmin Membership set /RgName:lawreplicationgroup  /RfName:law /MemName:serverd/Domain:domain/LocalPath:E:\departments\Law /MembershipEnabled:True /StagingPath:D:\DFSRStaging /StagingSize:296960 /CDSize:10 /MembershipDFSFolder:\\domain\namespace\law /IsPrimary:false /RO:false /MoveDelFiles:false

The final thing I need to do is to update the connections to include server D in a Full Mesh Replication Topology. In the GUI it is possible by using the 'New Topology' Wizard which deletes the existing connections and recreates them with the new member.

I can't find any way to do this from the command line other than specificying each connection manualy. Is there a way to do this?

Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:50 PM

Answers

• Pretty naff that this is not included in the command line. Can this be fed back to the Product Team somehow?

JamesPo
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:26 PM

All replies

• We may have to create each connection with "dfsradmin conn new" manually as you mentioned. A script may help on this. You can post a thread to script forum to see if we can get a solution.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ITCG/threads/

Shaon Shan| TechNet Subscriber Support in forum| If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Monday, July 19, 2010 8:33 AM
  • Pretty naff that this is not included in the command line. Can this be fed back to the Product Team somehow?

JamesPo
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:26 PM
  • I did something similar to:

echo "Create a two-way-connection - 1 connection for/from each server, enable the connections"
    dfsradmin conn new /rgname:mytmp /SendMem:srv1 /RecvMem:srv2 /ConnEnabled:true /ConnKeywords:"srv1 to srv2"
    dfsradmin conn new /rgname:mytmp /SendMem:srv2 /RecvMem:srv1 /ConnEnabled:true /ConnKeywords:"srv2 to srv1"

But I agree with RoughNeckTwoZero - where is the specific piece to "Set Replication Topology" ?
    That would seem like a HUGE oversight - or maybe I'm missing something?

If there is not an option to set that, then what is the "default topology" that it chooses?

We want "full mesh." Is there not an option to specify that; not even when doing the "dfsradmin conn new?"

tnjman

Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:10 PM