none
Outlook Attachement - Recent Files

Question

• When looking in "recent files" when trying to attach a file to an email, the recent files are listed but will not send in the email. From my end, it looks like the file got attached. From the recipient, sometimes they can see the file, other times it is as if nothing was attached. It has been a little embarrassing an number of times where it has looked like I simply forgot to attach a file, but in reality the "recent files" attachment was not working. If I "browse this computer", the file will attach and work fine. I send a lot of attachments and I takes a lot of time to find each file the long way. Any thoughts on what is causing this?
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this happen to "any" file types or only a specific one? Are those files listed in the "Recent Items" list stored locally or on a network share?

I'm not able to repro this with Outlook 2016 in build 7927.1006. What's the build number of your Office client?

By the way, if you have any email scanning software at your end, e.g. antivirus, try to disable it, then verify result again.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:29 AM
  • Ethan,

Thanks for your help.  The file does not attach for any type of file.  The recent items are stored locally.  Any other thoughts what may be affecting it?

-David

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:58 PM
  • Hi David,

So you don't have any security program installed on the machine, right?

Try to verify in Safe Mode and see if it works:

Press Win + R and type "outlook.exe /safe" in the blank box, then press Enter.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:37 AM