Move Access DB to SharePoint failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am consulting in a Corporate client that want to use SP for business reporting.  I have a simple Access DB with 80+ flat and unlinked tables currently populated with minimal test data.  The DB is in *.accdb format.

I am using the Move to Sharepoint button and exporting it to my own SP site on thier SP server (where I have full Admin rights).

The Lists are created with the correct structure but Access encounters an error when it attempts to link the Lists and tables and crashes leaving me with empty Lists.  I have tried several times with my main DB and also with a very simple 2 table DB with the same result each time.

I have Access 2003 and 2007 on the PC (as per Corporate standard) and I believe they are running SP 2007.  Browser is a Corporate mandated IE7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Monday, July 18, 2011 10:28 AM

All replies

• > I believe they are running SP 2007.

This really isn't enough.

Before we spend our time trying to answer your questions based on a guess as to the environment, please find out  what they are running.  (and if they say "SP 2007" ask them whether that means WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007)

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

Monday, July 18, 2011 10:41 AM
  • > I believe they are running SP 2007.

This really isn't enough.

Before we spend our time trying to answer your questions based on a guess as to the environment, please find out  what they are running.  (and if they say "SP 2007" ask them whether that means WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007)

The SP site is managed by divisional HQ (which is in a different country) and I am having to work through local IT who have no experience or expertise in SP but need everything routed through them.  I asked them to confirm what version of SP they were running over a week ago and haven't had an answer yet I appreciate that without full details an exact solution isn't happening, what I was hoping for is suggestions for where the problem might lie so that I could investigate myself; even to the point of excluding (for example) the browser as an issue. 

All troubleshooting suggestions appreciated.

[edit]

Just had answers - SP2007 and MOSS 2007.  Thanks in advance

• Edited by Flexability Monday, July 18, 2011 12:24 PM New Info
    Monday, July 18, 2011 11:25 AM