Management Packs are not finding servers with role installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm having a problem with certain management packs not pulling in the relevant details - The offending management packs are ADFS management pack and NLB

ADFS monitor is working correctly on one of the cluster but not on the other. I have left this for multiple days and it is not appearing? What is werid though is that other monitors such as IIS are showing healthy for this server so it can talk to the device. It is probably good to note that this is the slave of the ADFS Cluster.

In addition to this I have no servers appearing under the NLB clusters? I have installed all the management packs for the ranging versions, (all my servers are on 2012 R2 but troubleshooting I installed them all). I do not recieve any infomation. Nor do i see anythign in the logs that could relate to something failing because of this.

I have roughly 4 servers that are NLB enabled (not all in the same cluster).

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Cheers

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:54 AM

Answers

• Annoyingly I found that the fix was to run net stop healthservice / net start healthservice and then within a hour the ADFS and NLB connected.

The server had been restarted so I dont know why the service restart resolved the issue but it did.

Thanks 

• Marked as answer by Kenzii69 Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:01 AM
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

check if the agents on those nodes have enabled "Act as proxy...".

Im not shure if they must be but usually this is indicated in MP user guide.

Regards,

Ivan

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply - Yes this is ticked on the ADFS server's.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 1:56 PM
  • Hi,

In addition to making sure Agent Proxy on all AD FS servers is enabled, please also verify that the IIS 6 Management Compatibility and IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility role services are installed. (Some AD FS 2.0 scripts depend on Internet Information Services (IIS) Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) objects being installed.)

Here are two links for your reference:

Discovery Does Not Work in ADFS 2012 R2 MP

http://blogs.technet.com/b/omx/archive/2014/05/07/discovery-does-not-work-in-adfs-2012-r2-mp.aspx

http://scug.be/christopher/2012/03/07/opsmgr-scom-adfs-2-0-mp-discovery-issue/

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:27 AM
  • Annoyingly I found that the fix was to run net stop healthservice / net start healthservice and then within a hour the ADFS and NLB connected.

The server had been restarted so I dont know why the service restart resolved the issue but it did.

Thanks 

• Marked as answer by Kenzii69 Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:01 AM
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:01 AM