KB3038314 & ECP Mailbox List RRS feed

• Question

• We are having problems using Exchange 2010 ECP on IE8/9/10 after applying update KB3038314 - When you go to "Manage my organization" IE will lock up trying to load a list of mailboxes.

This doesn't happen if KB3038314 isn't installed or when using firefox.  Is anyone else  having this issues?

Monday, April 27, 2015 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert ,

First of all ,I would suggest you to check whether this KB has been installed correctly .To check this :Tools\About Internet Explorer .(Update version is KB3038314)

Then we can take the following steps to have a troubleshoot :
    1.Clear the browser cache.
    Tools\Safety\Delete browsering history
    2.Run "iexplore.exe -extoff"to open the Internet Explorer without add-ons to verify whether this issue is caused by the add-ons.

3.If the issue persists,we can try to reset the Internet Explorer to get a previous configuration to have a check .
    Tools\Internet Options\Advanced\Reset

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:20 AM
  • Same problem here on all PC's being used to access the ECP, normal IE troubleshooting made no difference, all of them fine after removing KB3038314.

Definitely looks like an issue with that update...

Cheers,

Andy

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:15 AM
  • Same exact problem here.  No amount of troubleshooting has fixed this other than removing KB3038314.
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:16 PM
  • Hi jefferyjb,

"Same exact problem here"
    Do you mean the issue will occur when we use the Exchange 2010 ECP ?

Thanks for feedback .I have made a deep research and it seems that there is not a good resolution  presently except uninstalling this KB temporarily .
    We have noticed this issue and we will notify you as soon as there is any update released to fix this issue .Please keep an eye on this thread.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 4, 2015 1:43 AM
  • Unfortunately none of the troubleshooting steps work - the only fix I've found is to remove the patch - which is far from ideal.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:58 AM
  • yes the same here, a reupdate is strongly needed. In the meantime we have to use Firefox to bypass the problem. :-( 
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:18 AM
  • Internally we have spent a large amount of time to find a work around but the only solution has been to remove KB3038314.
    • Edited by Crossno Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:50 PM
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:49 PM
  • We are having the same problem.  I read something about KB3038314 being "stealthily released" one or more times, but I just uninstalled it, verified that the problem with Exchange 2010 ECP was resolved, downloaded a new copy of KB3038314 for IE11 on Win8.1 x64 from Microsoft's website, installed it and tested ECP again.  The problem came back.

KB3038314 appears to be the culprit.  In our case, we've elected to keep it as it does fix known security vulnerabilities and vanishingly few people use ECP and those that do are just using Firefox for it now.

We have a few cases left on our EA, so I'm going to create a case with MS support on this.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 3:06 PM
  • When accessing ECP through IE, are you in compatibility mode?  If you are, try accessing it without compatibility mode and see if that makes a difference.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:22 PM
  • Compatibility Mode is not enabled.  I know this because I am also suffering from the issue described in KB2866064: OWA only offers Light Mode for IE11.  A workaround for that is enabling Compatibility Mode, and I haven't done so (OWA still only lets me use Light Mode in IE11).
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:27 PM
  • You can verify by hitting F12 and clicking on the Emulation tab.  The Document mode field would show 5 if you are in compatibility mode.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:40 PM
  • Edge (Default)
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:48 PM
  • Hello,

we are having the same issue, with all IE versions from 8 to 11.

With all versions, the only thing that helped was uninstalling the update.

Hope that the MS colleague will post an update as soon as this is resolved.

Friday, May 8, 2015 11:59 AM
  • I finally had the opportunity to connect with MS tech support on this issue.  I was informed that the issued with Exchange 2010 ECP and IE with KB3038314 is a known issue and it will be fixed in the future.

They would not give me any more information than that.  They wouldn't say if it would be in tomorrow's round of patch Tuesday patches, a future patch Tuesday, or would be released as a standalone hotfix not pushed through Windows Update.

They did say they would let me know when the issue is resolved and what the solution for the issue is when it is available.

For reference my case number with MS tech support was 115050712712340.
    Monday, May 11, 2015 7:08 PM
  • Can somebody confirm if the issue still occur when Update Rollup 9 for Exchange 2010 SP3 is installed? We are on UR8. Thank you!
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:21 AM
  • We are also on UR8 and i can confirm that the new cumulative update KB3049563 does not fix the issue.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:45 AM
  • Has there been any movement on this to anyone's knowledge?  We are experiencing the issue also and the latest version of this patch on Microsoft's Site still appears to be 5/11/2015.
    Friday, May 22, 2015 3:35 PM
  • Does anyone have any more info as to when we might expect a fix?
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:08 PM
  • With installed patches from last week, it is fixed. Please give it a try.
    Monday, June 15, 2015 6:11 AM
  • I received an update from Microsoft support today on my case.  They said that KB3058515 resolves this issue, which is part of MS15-056.  I've installed it and confirm that it fixes this issue for me.
    Monday, June 15, 2015 6:20 PM