none
DHCP, superscope and NICs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I have a doubt and i hope that you can help me...
    First... I have a doubt about DHCP... If i aggregate a new scope under a superscope, Need I a new NIC for every new segment or not? Can multiples scopes pass through by just one NIC?

Second...If I create a superscope, the scope that is currently working is not affected at all and continues working? or Is it necesary do any change?
    I'm new a this and I have many questions...

Cheers!
    Saturday, September 23, 2017 11:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> If i aggregate a new scope under a superscope, Need I a new NIC for every new segment or not? Can multiples scopes pass through by just one NIC?
    example1(one nic)
    To include multinets implemented for client computers on Subnet A, the same network segment where the DHCP server is located, you can configure a superscope that includes as members the original scope (Scope 1) and additional scopes for the logical multinets for which you need to add support (Scope 2 and Scope 3).

example2(2 nic)

To include multinets implemented for client computers on Subnet B, the remote network segment located across a router from the DHCP server on Subnet A, you can configure a superscope that includes as members the additional scopes for the logical multinets for which you need to add remote support (Scope 2 and Scope 3).

Because the multinets are for the remote network (Subnet B), the original scope (Scope 1) does not need to be part of the added superscope

>>Second...If I create a superscope, the scope that is currently working is not affected at all and continues working? or Is it necesary do any change? 

There is  no change needed in example 1.

DHCP relay agent is needed in example 2.

More information about Superscope ,  please refer to the following article:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759168(v=ws.11).aspx

https://mizitechinfo.wordpress.com/2014/08/10/simple-step-configuring-dhcp-superscope-in-windows-server-2012-r2/

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information. 

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 6:52 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:28 AM