I am installing Skype for business 2015 but getting the error message. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

my environment is like this.

1. I have one domain controller in one server

2. On 2nd server install SQL 2017 and trying to installing 2015 SFB but getting the error message.

and i am following this article :

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/05/05/step-by-step-installation-of-skype-for-business-server-2015/

Error Message :

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-CsAdDomain -Domain nissarte.ca -GlobalSettingsDomainController ad2012.nissarte.ca
    WARNING: Get-CsAdDomain failed.
    WARNING: Detailed results can be found at
    "C:\Users\lync\AppData\Local\Temp\Get-CsAdDomain-255f8112-3dc7-4882-8bac-572c0f8d8ae1.html".
    Get-CsAdDomain : Command execution failed: Message-"The LDAP server is unavailable." LdapError-"ServerDown"
    "ad2012.nissarte.ca":"389"
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-CsAdDomain -Domain nissarte.ca -GlobalSettingsDomainController ad ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-CsAdDomain], SuitabilityDirectoryException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ProcessingFailed,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Deployment.GetDomainStateCmdlet

Saturday, June 2, 2018 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 9, 2018 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi!

First of all is this Skype for Business Server 2015 Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition?

Also what is the SQL Server version you are using?

Are you using also the same domain name as in the guide as you're having "nissarte.ca" ? 
    Just making in case you forgot to insert your own domain :-)

Also what does your "log say at "C:\Users\lync\AppData\Local\Temp\Get-CsAdDomain-255f8112-3dc7-4882-8bac-572c0f8d8ae1.html" ?

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com  LinkedIn:   

• Edited by Leon Laude Saturday, June 2, 2018 11:52 PM
    Saturday, June 2, 2018 11:49 PM
  • Hi Pradeep_Mishra365,

At first, I think you have already done the “Prepare Active Directory” in the Skype for Business Deployment Wizard. I would like to collect some situation:
    1. Do you install the Skype for Business server on the SQL server machine?
    2. As Leon said, do you replace the domain name in the “Get-CsAdDomain” command with your own domain?

About your scenario, I would like to provide you some suggestions:
    1. We usually use the “Get-CsAdDomain” command to check the “Prepare domain” step result, please check the domain name “nissarte.ca” and the domain controller name “ad2012.nissarte.ca” in the command are replaced by your custom environment value, and then try this again.

In addition, please check if the step 5 “Prepare Current Domain” status is “complete” in the Deployment Wizard. 

2. Another way, I notice you seems use SQL 2017, however SQL 2017 seems not be in the support list for Skype for Business server for now.
    And if you want to deploy Skype for Business Enterprise Edition server, I think it should not install the FE server on the SQL server machine.
    You could refer to the requirement for Skype for Business server:
     https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/requirements-for-your-environment/server-requirements

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 4, 2018 5:57 AM
  • Hi

I have installed SFB and SQL (2017) on same server.

Saturday, June 9, 2018 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

Would you like to deploy Skype for Business standard Edition server or Enterprise Edition server?

If you deploy standard edition server, it will not use SQL 2017 server, it would use SQL server express edition which will be installed automatically during deployment.

If you deploy enterprise edition server, you could not install SFB on the SQL 2017 server at the same machine. You may need another server to install the FE server role.

You could refer to this article about standard edition server deployment:

https://insidemstech.com/2015/06/30/step-by-step-skype-for-business-server-standard-edition-deployment/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Friday, June 15, 2018 6:13 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2018 8:49 AM
  • Hi, 

Have a nice day!

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is anything other we can help you.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Friday, June 15, 2018 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see if this issue has any update. Also, for the problem, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Thursday, July 5, 2018 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Monday, July 9, 2018 7:18 AM