LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA 4167B Vista Driver RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading from XP to Vista my DVD drive
    LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA 4167B is not recognized.
    Where can I find a driver for it ?
    Sorin
    Monday, January 22, 2007 4:55 PM

All replies

• I have the very same problem. No one seems to know why this is only present on 64 bit Vista with this drive: HL-DT-ST GSA 4167B. I think it will be wisest to contact LG or Microsoft directly as when I ran the upgrade advisory tool for Vista, it said the device was fine. Strange just like my ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X1900 PCI-E......
    • Proposed as answer by gabor61 Friday, November 22, 2013 6:35 PM
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 9:49 PM
  • Not that it helps, but this problem is not just a 64 bit Vista issue, nor is it restricted to LG drives.  I've had the problem with 32 bit with an HP drive, a Sony and 2 LG drives (currently the HL-DT-ST GSA H62N.  I've been all over the 'net trying to find a solution to no avail.  Have discovered many others with the problem as well, including Pioneer and Lite On drives.  I've used multiple diagnostic and update tools and nothing about any of the drives I've tried comes up.  Also, if I click "Ask me again later" on the driver search screen at startup, the screen closes and the drives work fine.  So this one makes no sense at all and I've scoured the Microsoft and Vista sites for answers and, guess what, mention of the issue is nowhere to be found!  So there you have it.  Pretty frustrating.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:44 PM