prevent user from changing Support group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

How can I prevent some user roles to change the "support group" field in the incident without preventing them to access the edit button of the incident

Regards,

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:07 AM

Answers

• If you edit the form, that would affect everyone who uses the console. So that's not an option in your case. You could trigger a Workflow that applies a template when the support group is changed, but that workflow can't take input parameters from the user who is actually changing the support group. So that wouldn't work for you either.

I'm sorry ramos, but there is no good solution to this at the moment. You might be able to write a custom form in which you could set permissions on certain fields, but that would require lots of work and coding skills.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    • Marked as answer by Wael Schakaki Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:44 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramos,

It isn't possible to set permissions on certain fields (or lists as in this case) on the out-of-the-box forms.

Regards
    //Anders

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:31 PM
  • Thanks for Replying

Can I do it like the one we do for the escalated ? like editing the MP to disable this option , or if someone change it from X value to Y value then re-set it to X

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:09 AM
  • If you edit the form, that would affect everyone who uses the console. So that's not an option in your case. You could trigger a Workflow that applies a template when the support group is changed, but that workflow can't take input parameters from the user who is actually changing the support group. So that wouldn't work for you either.

I'm sorry ramos, but there is no good solution to this at the moment. You might be able to write a custom form in which you could set permissions on certain fields, but that would require lots of work and coding skills.

Regards
    //Anders

• Marked as answer by Wael Schakaki Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:44 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:35 AM
  • Try this:

1. Download and import MPB
    2. With Authoring Tool, extend incident form (or any other)
    3. Add my custom control to form with any text editor:
      <AddControl Parent="DockPanel234" Assembly="FreemanRU.SCSMHelpers.FieldDisablerByRole, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=07ccc8013f2057aa" Type="FreemanRU.SCSMHelpers.FieldDisablerByRole.FieldDisablerByRole" Left="0" Top="0" Right="0" Bottom="0" Row="0" Column="0" />
      <PropertyChange Object="FieldDisablerByRole_1" Property="RolesNames">
       <NewValue>IsUserAdmin,IsUserDWAdmin</NewValue>
      </PropertyChange>
      <PropertyChange Object="FieldDisablerByRole_1" Property="FieldNames">
       <NewValue>Title, TierQueue</NewValue>
      </PropertyChange>

4. RolesNames - if user belongs to all that roles, fields listed in FieldNames doens't block. If user has only one of listed role or no one - field listed in FieldNames  will be disabled.
    5. Save the XML and import it to SCSM
    6. Check the solution

Example:

Also you can see the FieldDisablerByRole.Demo.xml provided with MPB.

Posible values for RolesNames:
    IsUserActivityImplementer
    IsUserAdmin
    IsUserAdvancedOperator
    IsUserAuthor
    IsUserChangeInitiator
    IsUserChangeManager,
    IsUserDWAdmin
    IsUserEndUser
    IsUserIncidentResolver
    IsUserProblemAnalyst
    IsUserReadonlyOperator
    IsUserReportingOperator

Posible values for FieldNames - any internal names of the current object.

http://opsmgr.ru
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:58 PM
  • Thanks for your kind reply , it looks work as I want in the snapshot

But I have some question , If I have create Custome Role , then what is the value of this Role ? or how can I get it 

One more question I am trying to search for in this time , how to add the Custom control to the form , I have found the link your provided here , but It looks like it is changed

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenterservicemanager/thread/a3ccb7f4-c3dc-4396-80bf-c6f255e99209/

Regards,

Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:39 AM
  • Hello,

I have added the custom control in the XML file , and leave the group as is but It didn't work , I have a user in Incidentresolver group and he can access the Title and support group

Any way to troubleshoot

Regards,

Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:57 AM
  • I have noticed that the version of is 1.0.0.1

So I have changed the line in

<AddControl Parent="DockPanel234" Assembly="FreemanRU.SCSMHelpers.FieldDisablerByRole, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutra
    to 
    <AddControl Parent="DockPanel234" Assembly="FreemanRU.SCSMHelpers.FieldDisablerByRole, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutra

but it doesn't make any effects 

Saturday, April 16, 2011 10:42 AM
  • assembly version is 1.0.0.0

Check Operations Managerm log in console's computer for any errors. Also, if you have Win7/Win2008 and UAC enabled, try to start console with elavated permissions first time.  

http://opsmgr.ru
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:54 AM
  • It looks like I put the question in a wrong way

the two MPs is now imported successfully , the problem is not in the importing , but still the field is not disabled

Thanks

Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:53 AM
  • Hello Anton, can you share with your solution "Field Disabler By Role" please, i can't find it.
    • Edited by Nikolas Page Saturday, February 25, 2017 3:38 PM
    Saturday, February 25, 2017 3:38 PM