none
Send email after the Column is initially Set to a Value RRS feed

• Question

• I want to be able to capture the prior value of a SharePoint List Column, Is there a way to hold the prior value? vs the new value when the column changes?

I have been specifically told I can not add a new column to the list, so, I am not sure how I would capture the Column value,  as I do know there is versioning set. but how would I capture a specific column in the prior version, in a workflow?

I want to Store that Prior Value as a VAR, then when the Column Changes I want the new value to be in the workflow also.

So what I would have is prior value vs new value of column, and if then do not match send an email.

Is there a way to capture the prior column value vs new value of column?

As I want to capture changes to the column, but if it starts as None,  and then if column changes I want to send email, and then if it changes back to None  tne I want to send an email letting the person know it reset to none.

So I was told my logic is this: (do I need to capture the prior value?)

Column A can start as a Blank value, or it can start as :
    None
    ABC!
    ABC2

If column A starts as None - no email (sent)

if column A changes to ABC1 send email

If column A changes to ABC2 send email

if column A changes from ABC1 to ABC2 then send email

if column A changes from ABC2 back to ABC1 send email

If column A changes from ABC1 to None send email

if column A changes from ABC2 to None send email..

the emails are ONLY sent when Column A is changed, not when anything else changes in the form, as the form has a long task list and several things change after column A is set.

What trips me up is when the column A can go back to None and then they want to send an email with the value.

Again, I can not add any additional Columns to the list.

Is there a way using SharePoint Designer to do the above situation when column A changes? even with out holding the prior value..

Does this need to be solved using C#?

• Edited by cowboy2066 Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:16 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 6:55 PM

All replies