Sennheiser MB 660 S4B certified headset RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have ordered a pair of Sennheiser MB 660 UC MS (Art. No. 507093) headset through an authorised Sennheiser retailer but they sent me the MB 660 UC (Art. No. 507092), i.e. the model that is not S4B certified by Microsoft.

I will almost only use the headset with S4B calls alternating between 2 different PC's and S4B on my iPhone. The retailer claims this is not an issue since the product I have got is exactly the same, and I should't bother since I will experience absolutely no difference in terms of functionality and quality. I have contacted the Sennheiser support a few days ago to get this confirmed but have so far not received their response.

My question is if someone here can explain the benefit with the S4B certified Sennheiser MB 660 headset over the other version that I now have got? Should I return the package and order a new certified headset from another retailer to get the certified one?

Kind regards,
    Peo S

Sunday, March 4, 2018 2:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Peo S,

I suggest you return the package and order a new certified headset from another retailer to get the certified one.

The certification level of MB 660 UC MS  is” Certified for Skype for Business “;The certification level of MB 660 UC is same with “Works with Skype for Business”,there are some difference.

Certified for Skype for Business

Certified for Skype for Business is the designation for products that meet the most stringent specifications outlined in the program.

Following successful completion and pass of the specifications, products will be deemed "Certified for Skype for Business."

Works with Skype for Business

Works with Skype for Business is the designation for products that meet the minimum specifications outlined in the program.

Following successful completion and test pass of the specifications, products will be deemed "Works with Skype for Business."

If you want to know more about details of certification ,you could refer to the link

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn947481

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 5, 2018 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Peo S,

I suggest you return the package and order a new certified headset from another retailer to get the certified one.

The certification level of MB 660 UC MS  is” Certified for Skype for Business “;The certification level of MB 660 UC is same with “Works with Skype for Business”,there are some difference.

Certified for Skype for Business

Certified for Skype for Business is the designation for products that meet the most stringent specifications outlined in the program.

Following successful completion and pass of the specifications, products will be deemed "Certified for Skype for Business."

Works with Skype for Business

Works with Skype for Business is the designation for products that meet the minimum specifications outlined in the program.

Following successful completion and test pass of the specifications, products will be deemed "Works with Skype for Business."

If you want to know more about details of certification ,you could refer to the link

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn947481

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 5, 2018 6:07 AM
  • Many thanks Leon-Lu for your quick response! I will follow your advice and return the package.

Rgds,
    Peo

Monday, March 5, 2018 11:02 AM