none
can not access denied to G drive

Question

• I have HP portable drive_Morata G: I went to properties, I want to try to maka everyone access denied. but only me as the Administrator. I probably wrong press the button in option. Now I can not get access to my portable G drive. Can you help to solve this problem, I just want back to normal to access to everyone. I got no Idea, can you help me, it start from G: the I press properties..

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hello Ronald Morata,

If you remove, or like in this case, deny the access to the drive by entering a deny permission or removing the user/group from the access client list you will need to take ownership of the whole drive and replace the permissions on all the child objects (files, folders, etc...) as follows:

- Go to the security tab on the drive's properties window.
    - Click on the advanced button
    - On the "Owner:" row select the option "change"
    - Look for the account that will have now the ownership and access to this drive.
    - Check mark the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" and then click apply
    - Once it finishes to replicate the permissions you could have warnings saying that some file could not be changed, just skip it, otherwise you will have an informational message saying:
    "If you have just taken ownership of this object, you will need to close and reopen this object's properties before you can view or change permissions"
    - Click ok on the permissions windows
    - Now you should have access otherwise try to add permissions to the Everyone group and see if that works.

I hope this information help you to reach your goal. :D

5ALU2 !
    Wednesday, January 06, 2016 8:43 PM