Custom Label Format Not Restored (Again) RRS feed

• Question

• This question was asked in 2010 about Word 2010 Beta, but it was never answered.  I am asking it again hoping someone has found an answer.

Word 2010 does not appear to be able to restore a custom label definition created in a previous Word session.
    I have created a custom 3 x 4 labels on letter size sheet in Word 2010 running under Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and it is available within Word  for the session in which it is created. C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office\pg_custom.xml is created and exists after word is closed and I can open it in Notepad and it appears to contain suitable data
    However when Word is next opened the custom label is not available.

I have always been able to save custom Labels going as far back as Word 2000 using regedit and in Word 2007, it would pick them up from the pg_custom.xml file (used to be able to share my custom labels with others by putting the pg_custom.xml file under their  C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office folder).

Has anyone been able to resolve this problem?

I have even looked at placing the  pg_custom.xml file into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\PAGESIZE folder, but then I would have to edit the PG_INDEX.XML file.  There has to be an easier way.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The custom label store in Other/Custom, you can select custom label by change Label vendors to Other/Custom to use or edit custom label, follow these steps:

1. On the Mailings tab, click Labels in the Create group.
    2. On the Labels tab, click Options.
    3. Under Label information, drop down Label vendors, point to Other/Custom.
    4. In the Product number list, select a custom label that you want to use, or click Details... button to edit.

I have create a custom label in Word 2010, it contain the custom settings if next time select the custom label.

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 29, 2012 8:35 AM