Two Sip Domains, .com and.local but links in web invitation incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• I setup a new Standard Editon Skype for Business 2019 Server and have the primary SIP domain set to domain.local and an additional domain of domain.com. Most of the domain names are correct and when I send a meeting invitation the kinks point to meet.domain.com. However, if the user tries to join via the web plugin, the link in the "join the meeting" button points to ComputerName.domain.local. How can I configure this correctly so the links point to the external domain.com name?
    Saturday, April 4, 2020 9:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Technobeam,

It recommends you check the DNS records. Make sure that you have configured the DNS record for meet.domian.com. Also, after you add the new SIP domain to the Topology, it needs to request new certificates for front-end server, edge server and reverse proxy server. For reference, you can read this link: https://davidpapkin.net/how-to-add-additional-sip-domains-to-an-already-deployed-microsoft-lync-environment/.

If the DNS record is configured correctly, you could try to exchange the SIP domains and verify if Skype web meeting can work normally.

Moreover, we suggest you check if there is any related error message in Skype for Business front-end server event viewer.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 6, 2020 7:22 AM
  • Sharon, thanks for your reply. It appears that all of the urls being generated in invitations are correct. The link takes me to meet.domain.com which is correct. However, the when you go to meet.domain.com you are presented with 3 steps.

Download and install the Skype meeting app.

After installation, click on Join the Meeting

Skype Meeting App will open in a new window.

This is where the problem is. The "Join the Meeting" link takes the user to ComputerName.domain.local which is the FQDN of the front end server. I'd like for it to take the user to sfb.domain.com which is the external web services URL for the front end server.

Monday, April 6, 2020 1:43 PM
  • Hi Technobeam,

How do you configure the meet URL DNS records? It should have internal and external DNS records.

Except the link information, do you have any specific error for Skype meeting or other features?

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 9, 2020 7:23 AM
  • We are using split DNS, so we have the following all set as CNAME records for both domain.com and domain.local. These CNAME records all point to the A record of sfb.domain.com or sfb.domain.local respectivelty which is our single standard edition server. We also have an A record for sip.domain.com and sip.domain.local both of which point to the IP address of the sfb server. besides the link not being corret, any external guests trying to access a skype meeting have the web interface fail to load

CNAME:

admin

dialin

lyndiscover

lyncdiscoverinternal

meet

pool

webint

Thursday, April 9, 2020 8:14 PM
  • Hi Technobeam,

Do you mean that you create two DNS records for lyncdiscoverinternal?

According to my experience, it seems no need to create a new record if you only add an additional sip domain.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 8:36 AM
  • Sharon,

Thanks for sticking with me on this. Here is the complete list of DNS entries both internal and external:

INTERNAL:

sfb.domain.local
    pool.domain.local
    webint.domain.local
    lyncdiscoverinternal.domain.local
    meet.domain.local
    dialin.domain.local
    scheduler.domain.local
    admin.domain.local
    _sipinternaltls._tcp.domain.local

EXTERNAL:

sfb.domain.com
    sip.domain.com
    webconf.domain.com
    av.domain.com
    lyncdiscover.domain.com
    webext.domain.com
    meet.domain.com
    dialin.domain.com
    oos.domain.com
    _sip._tls 0 0 443
    _xmpp-server._tcp 0 0 443
    _sipfederationtls._tcp 0 0 5061

This is a standard edition installation so I'm not sure if there are some of these entries I don't need.

The  "Join The Meeting" Button when you go to meet.domain.com links to computername.domain.local. This works internally. However, externally, the .local address obviously can't be resolved. I have treid anually changing the address in the address bar externally to sfb.domain.com. By doing this the Skype Meetings App opens but it just hangs loading and never gets to the next screen where you would enter your name.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 1:35 PM
  • Hi Technobeam,

As far as I know, the external meet URL should point to reverse proxy public IP address.

You can refer to this image to modify the DNS configuration if there is any different.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:45 AM
  • Hi Technobeam,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, April 24, 2020 6:16 AM