none
Change permissions for a list on the Project Site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to deny access to a Project Site document library for a Project Server security group called 'Customers'. How can I make the permissions changes to the project site template?

Thanks.

Bala Bhavana

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sorry to tell: permission settings on a template are not kept when creating a site based on template. So you can only do this manually or by code after site creation.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 10:01 AM
  • As Barbara has mentioned it is not retained in Template. As a work around you would have to manually go and break the inheritance from Parent for the permission and create unique security permission for your list. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sorry to tell: permission settings on a template are not kept when creating a site based on template. So you can only do this manually or by code after site creation.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 10:01 AM
  • As Barbara has mentioned it is not retained in Template. As a work around you would have to manually go and break the inheritance from Parent for the permission and create unique security permission for your list. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 10:35 AM