none
Lync 2010 - Hybrid with O365 RRS feed

• Question

• I have read that Lync 2010 can be configured in a hybrid setup with O365 by standing up a lync 2013 management server. ( or a Skype 4 Business management server )

- To install just the lync 2013 or S4B mgmt tools, will I be required to run any schema updates for that version?

- Currently I cannot run the mobile lync 2013 of Skype client against my Lync 2010 environment. Client not supported. Is the incompatibility in the EDGE or Internal servers?  If I configure hybrid, and move users to O365, will those upgraded users be able to use newer mobile clients?  or will they be limited by the Lync 2010 infrastructure?

Thanks!!

Tom

• Edited by Tom_Slycke Monday, March 5, 2018 8:36 PM
    Monday, March 5, 2018 8:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

For Lync 2010 and SFB hybrid environment, you just need to install Lync/Skype for Business administrative tools, this part, you don’t have to run schema updates.

If you want to use newer version of SFB mobile client, you can move users from Lync server 2010 to SFB online, then you need to assign license for the users, after this, you can use higher version of skype for business mobile client

I will share a document for your reference
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204969.aspx

Another document about Lync 2010 hybrid with SFB online
    https://infrahouse.wordpress.com/2015/10/28/lync-2010-hybrid-configuration-with-skype-for-business-online/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Tom_Slycke Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:14 PM
    Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

For Lync 2010 and SFB hybrid environment, you just need to install Lync/Skype for Business administrative tools, this part, you don’t have to run schema updates.

If you want to use newer version of SFB mobile client, you can move users from Lync server 2010 to SFB online, then you need to assign license for the users, after this, you can use higher version of skype for business mobile client

I will share a document for your reference
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204969.aspx

Another document about Lync 2010 hybrid with SFB online
    https://infrahouse.wordpress.com/2015/10/28/lync-2010-hybrid-configuration-with-skype-for-business-online/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Tom_Slycke Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:14 PM
    Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:12 AM
  • Pretty much what I thought and was hoping for. Regretfully I will not be in a position to test this answer for a month or so.

Thanks!!!!

Tom

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:14 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response, if you have any other questions in the future, welcome to post in our forum, we can discuss here.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:42 AM