macOS - new AddressList is not showing up in Addressbook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I just added an empty AddressList and additionally added 3 sub-addresslists to this container.

I just refreshed my outlook client locally on my MacBook but when I open address book, it doesn't show me the lists I created.

Do I have to setup GALs? or should be new-addresslist enough?

bg

5even

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi 5even,

Do you try to check from the OWA? Whether is this new created address list show correct in OWA? 

I guess it doesn't work in OWA either. Address List in Exchange online is different from Exchange on-premises: After a new address list is created, Exchange Online will not filter suitable recipients until one of the recipient's attributes is changed.

So, you need to change one of attributes for those suitable recipient, then wait for a while and check whether this new created address list show in OWA, then you can check whether it work in Outlook again.

For more detail information, you can have a look about this KB: New address lists that you create in Exchange Online don't contain all the expected recipients

This Microsoft Online: Exchange Online Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Microsoft Online: Exchange Online will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 23, 2020 3:19 AM
  • its curios! I can see my created lists in OWA under contacts. But when I choose a list, I don't see every member, just 2-3 Users for each location.

Monday, July 27, 2020 10:57 AM
  • its curios! I can see my created lists in OWA under contacts. But when I choose a list, I don't see every member, just 2-3 Users for each location.

It is an expected behavior, you need to modify one of attributes for those mailbox. Then wait for a while, those modified mailboxes will show in the address list.

This Microsoft Online: Exchange Online Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Microsoft Online: Exchange Online will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 8:07 AM
  • Hi 5even,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:36 AM
  • Hi Kyle,

unfortunately this didn't help. I just modified the given attributes "locations" for every user. But when I look up in OWA I still just see 2 members instead of 30. And I can't see the addresslists locally on my outlook. Do you know why?

BG,

5even

Friday, July 31, 2020 12:21 PM
  • Hi Kyle,

unfortunately this didn't help. I just modified the given attributes "locations" for every user. But when I look up in OWA I still just see 2 members instead of 30. And I can't see the addresslists locally on my outlook. Do you know why?

BG,

5even

Modify the Exchange attributes from Exchange online admin center or Exchange online PowerShell.

If you still cannot see the correct member after waiting 24 hours after modifying, you can try to open a service request to Office 365 team, they will could help you to check from the backend.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 8:10 AM
  • Hi 5even,

This forum will be locked down on 8/10/2020. We have created a copy of it on Microsoft Q&A Platform. Kindly register the Microsoft Q&A Platform and continue the discussion out there with us.

[Microsoft Q&A thread link]

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, August 10, 2020 6:35 AM