none
OLAP Portfolio Analyzer ODC issues RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a OLAP Portfolio Analyzer data connection in Excel report (default by project server)

but i dont understand when drop "Resource list" and "Resource Capacity" field . then only three resources are displaying in report . although there is 10 resources in resource center .

like this i made a enterprise custom field which is save with 9 projects and published . but when make a excel report and select that field name "Project Category" . and drop this in filter column in report . but when i click to open this field in run time report then only one category is there ."External Project" although I defined two categories "Internal Projects " and "External Projects".

Friday, January 6, 2012 9:34 AM

All replies

• Do you have any published projects with the field set to Internal Projects?
    Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Friday, January 6, 2012 12:07 PM
  • I did it and set another projects with different category field and publish and it will appear.

but when i open OLAP_Portfolio_Analyzer template and creating excel report and add "Resource list" field.only three resources are appearing . although there are 10 resources in resource pool.

why it is happening ?

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Do those resources have assignments on the published projects.  If there is no data for a demension, then it will not be showed.  Also, remember to build the OLAP cube after publishing the project.
    Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:04 PM
  • You will only see the resources that are used in the project schedules that have been published.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 4:41 AM