Email incindent with attachment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    We use SCSM 2012 r2 and mail system Lotus.

To create email incident, I configured the SMTP virtual server (IIS 6.0)
    The incidents are all well and good, but there is a problem with file attachments, they are displayed in the form. eml file.

Monday, June 20, 2016 6:50 PM

All replies

• Hi

I am not sure that I understand what you are doing with an email Incident and the IIS Server.

But it seems to me that the IIS SMTP server could be converting the Email messages to .eml format and that Service Manager is just importing what it has been given.

Can you try attaching a Lotus Notes Email message file directly to an incident. This will confirm that Service Manager can support the file type and the Email client can open the message file from Service Manager.

Another way to approach the problem is to see if your email client can be extended to support .eml files?

Hope this helps.

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Monday, June 20, 2016 9:30 PM
  • Hello,

Do you have problem with open the EML file? This type is supported as far as I know.

Here are two articles for your reference:

https://marcelzehner.ch/2011/05/14/using-the-exchange-connector-and-the-default-incident-by-mail-function-together-to-get-the-best-of-both-worlds/

Update incidents by e-mail in Service Manager 2010

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:08 AM
  • File attachments from an email will not be put separately into Attached Files on the Incident using the "Incoming email" method in the Incident Settings. There is no logic in the code to do that. The attachments should be in the eml file though.

You need an Exchange Connector for that. I've seen customers buy a single office365 mailbox just for this. E.g. the Business Essential cost 5$ per user per month. Only one user here. Exchange connector has other advantages too such as using parsing keywords, setting templates etc. So i'd definitely recommend to go down that road instead.

Monday, June 27, 2016 8:01 AM