HP_TOOLS disk partition!?!? RRS feed

• Question

• I cleared my disk and upgraded my custom built PC to windows 8, after installing essenial programs, itunes, chrome, skype, etc, I went to disk defragment and I saw the a disk partition labled HP_TOOLS, my computer isn't even hp, WFT. Please respond if you have a fix to remove this random partiton.
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:12 AM

Answers

• Netbook vendors use small part of disk for support and restore of backuped operating system. Because of this partition is hidden, Windows does not see it.

I use partition wizard program started from CD (or USB_) and remove this partition before installing anything on this disk.

Rgds

Milos

• Edited by Milos Puchta Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, December 25, 2012 9:21 AM
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:58 AM
  • if this partition do not contains any important data, you can delete the partition through disk management, right click the partition select delete volume. 

Also try partition magic alternative software, that would be easy, you can try Aomei Partition Assistant, it looks better than it competitors, but its brand needs to be enhanced.

Monday, December 17, 2012 8:09 AM

All replies

• Netbook vendors use small part of disk for support and restore of backuped operating system. Because of this partition is hidden, Windows does not see it.

I use partition wizard program started from CD (or USB_) and remove this partition before installing anything on this disk.

Rgds

Milos

• Edited by Milos Puchta Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:59 AM
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:58 AM
  • if this partition do not contains any important data, you can delete the partition through disk management, right click the partition select delete volume. 

Also try partition magic alternative software, that would be easy, you can try Aomei Partition Assistant, it looks better than it competitors, but its brand needs to be enhanced.

Monday, December 17, 2012 8:09 AM