none
After creating new GP, I am Attempting to update GP with no luck.

Question

• I am running WS2K8 R2. However, the forest level is set at WS2K3. Please note, there is only one NIC. I can ping the machine from every which way possible. However, there error is below I receive.

User Policy update has completed successfully.
    Computer policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were enc
    ountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed because of lack of network connectivity to
     a domain controller. This may be a transient condition. A success message would
     be generated once the machine gets connected to the domain controller and Group
    Policy has succesfully processed. If you do not see a success message for sever
    al hours, then contact your administrator.

To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html f
    rom the command line to access information about Group Policy results.

Friday, October 02, 2015 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeremy,

some more information may be helpful here.

1. What is in the GPO (computer configuration, user configuration)
    2. Are the special permissions on the GPO or is it the default permissions
    3. What do the links look like? Linked to OU with users? Comptuers?
    4. where are the user/computer objects.
    5. Any additional GP metadata on there? block inheritance on OUs, enforce on GPOs etc...

The message may be a bit errant as it succeeded for user but not for computer, so looking elsewhere makes sense.

Take a look at the Group Policy Operational Log... though event viewer or through PowerShell with get-Winevent. There may be clues in that log as to what is going on... (that is on the machine where you ran gpupdate and got the error.

Kevin

Kevin Sullivan - Program Manager

Friday, October 02, 2015 3:28 PM
    Owner

• Hey Kevin,  Please see below:

What is in the GPO (computer configuration, user configuration) User configuration for Network Mapped drives
    Are the special permissions on the GPO or is it the default permissions? Default permissions
    What do the links look like? Linked to OU with users? Comptuers? Linked to OU with users
    where are the user/computer objects. In Active Directory
    Any additional GP metadata on there? block inheritance on OUs, enforce on GPOs etc...(what ever u need let me know)
    Friday, October 02, 2015 4:17 PM
  • Hi Jeremy,

Please run GPResult /h command to see whether useful information can be found.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:04 AM