none
SSPR Registration Confirmation Email RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a new implementation of MIM which I installed myself, and have the SSPR registration and reset working beautifully. We would like to send an email to the registered email address to confirm that they have successfully registered.

Since this post had a similar request, I have followed what I could from it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a47b6784-4727-4fe2-94fa-4d37cbd4a50e/verifying-email-during-registration?forum=ilm2

I have created an Action Workflow which sends an Email Notification to //Target with a specified email template. I'm unsure where I'd apply it since unlike in that post, I'm trying to do it on the registration portion, not the reset portion.

Am I approaching this properly/will this work? Where would I apply the Action Workflow?

Thanks,

Kym

Kym Bender Applications Administrator

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:26 PM

All replies

• I think I would use a transition In MPR to trigger the Workflow

To do this, I would create a set of users where the criteria is all users who have registered. (AuthN Workflow Registered Contains [Registration Workflow])

Users who have not registered would not be in this set.  Users who have registered, would already be in the set, and would not be sent an email.

The MPR would use the action workflow you have created.

When a user registers, they would transition in to this set, triggering the MPR, and causing the workflow to run, which would send the email to the user.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:24 AM