Windows Phone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any way to install SCCM 2012 client agent into Windows Phone 7 ? Any technet documentation for SCCM 2012, cause I only found for SCCM 2007 and it doesn't support for Windows Phone 7.

or it only can manage from Exchange Connector ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• No, there is currently no CM12 agent for Windows 7.X phones. YOu need Exchange 2010 and Active Sync to manage the device.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:33 AM
  • Hi,

There is no SCCM 2012 agent for the Windows Phone, it can only be managed using the Exchange Connector. You have the complete list of Mobile devices supported by the mobile device management agent here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682077.aspx#BKMK_SupConfigMobileClientReq

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:35 AM
  • Hi,

There is no SCCM 2012 agent for the Windows Phone, it can only be managed using the Exchange Connector. You have the complete list of Mobile devices supported by the mobile device management agent here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682077.aspx#BKMK_SupConfigMobileClientReq

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Hi, what scope I can do with Exchange Connector ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:45 AM
  • Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Hallo Torsten,

do you know when a Windows Phone 7.x Client will be available? Is a Client planned? We currently switching in our Plant from Blackberry to Windows Phone - we`re talking about more than 100 Devices - and without a good Management the Project will be declined..

I talked about SCCM2012 and the in-Depth Management, but after installing Proxy Site-Role and MDM Role, there was no WP7.x Client....

We´re currently using Exchange 2007 SP3 - so no way for the Connector and of course we want to do more than using the simple Exchange Commands in the SCCM2012 GUI - we want a Client on the Phone!

I hope you could give me some informations, otherwise this great Phones won´t have a Future in our Plant..... :-(

With kind regards

René Klett

project Manager Microsoft Technology

R. Klett
    MCP / MCSA / MCSE / CCNA / MCITP

• Edited by Rene K Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:01 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:01 PM
  • We are unable to comment on any unannounced future plans. Thanks for your understanding.

Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:21 PM
  • Hallo Torsten,

do you know when a Windows Phone 7.x Client will be available? Is a Client planned? We currently switching in our Plant from Blackberry to Windows Phone - we`re talking about more than 100 Devices - and without a good Management the Project will be declined..

I talked about SCCM2012 and the in-Depth Management, but after installing Proxy Site-Role and MDM Role, there was no WP7.x Client....

We´re currently using Exchange 2007 SP3 - so no way for the Connector and of course we want to do more than using the simple Exchange Commands in the SCCM2012 GUI - we want a Client on the Phone!

I hope you could give me some informations, otherwise this great Phones won´t have a Future in our Plant..... :-(

With kind regards

René Klett

project Manager Microsoft Technology

R. Klett
    MCP / MCSA / MCSE / CCNA / MCITP

Hi, I think maybe SP1 can answer your question. Just wait for the release.

Friday, May 4, 2012 1:08 AM
  • We have not announced any future release, let alone an "SP1". So please do not state what you *think* will be in any specific release. You are completely guessing, and I can tell you that in this case, that is absolutely incorrect (an agent for Windows 7 or 7.5 phone).

Wally Mead

Friday, May 4, 2012 2:30 AM
  • Ok, i think i understand. We have to wait for Windows Phone 8 until we could manage our Windows Phones. Thats bad news for us...

R. Wilke MCP / MCSA / MCSE / CCNA

Sunday, May 6, 2012 11:06 AM
  • There are announcements that are published to support the client SCCM 2012 on Windows Phone 8?
    There is no mechanism for installing mobile applications, which was for Windows Mobile 6.5
    Monday, June 4, 2012 3:56 PM