Mac 10.10 (Yosemite), 365 2011for Mac, Disabling Spelling and Grammar for GCSE examinations in UK RRS feed

• Question

• I have a network of 20 new iMacs and manage them through a Mac OS 10.10 Server. I have  created a number of groups on the server and would like to allocate restricted permissions for each group. One group - the GCSE and Controlled Assessment group, requires access only to Word and Excel but in addition, the disabling of spelling and grammar facilities (in all its forms) across all relevant software - for public examination purposes. I would like to do this centrally, on the server but cannot see how to disable spelling etc. without also disabling other functions. I am happy to disable the facility on each machine (which will of course, affect other users). Any help would be gratefully received.
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are using Office for Mac, I suggest you post the question in Office for Mac forum to get proper support:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are using Office for Mac, I suggest you post the question in Office for Mac forum to get proper support:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:40 AM
  • Melon,

Thank you very much. I will do as you suggest.

Cheers

Jonathan

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:54 PM