Email messages not in sync among different profile locations RRS feed

• Question

• I find that opening Outlook 2016 (Office 365 Exchange) and deleting an email message does not cause that message to be deleted from a different PC, when I have Outlook 2016 loaded and configured as the same user.  Both have the setting of cache set the same why with the same amount of offline cache set.  It seems incoming and outgoing messages work fine across different devices, all set to use Outlook with the same user, but deleted items do not show as deleted across those same devices, no matter how long I wait or how many times I close and reopen Outlook.  Related to this, I find one of the devices shows junk mail in the junk mail folder, and the other device does not.  This is all with the same user.  

Can you offer any suggestions?

thanks

Tom

• Moved by Steve Fan Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:27 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

>>I find that opening Outlook 2016 (Office 365 Exchange) and deleting an email message does not cause that message to be deleted from a different PC

Let's say you have the same mailbox configured on PC1 and PC2. You can try the following steps and let us know the result:

1. Delete an email from PC1, press F9. Check whether you can see the email in OWA, then check whether you can see the emails on PC2.

2. Delete a different email from PC2, press F9. Check whether you can see the email in OWA, then check whether you can see the emails on PC1.

3. Delete a different email from OWA, check both PC1 and PC2 to see whether you can see the email in your Outlook clients.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, November 15, 2018 9:26 AM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:58 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Any update here? Feel free to post back with any finding.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 9:27 AM