Host Process Has Stopped Working! RRS feed

• Question

• Yeah, as you all know I get this messege as well, ever since the 1st day i got Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 I just knew It will screw up by giving me some sort off messege. Anyways...I have I don't have NERO isntalled on my pc! I also have 2 more Processes that keeps popping up every hour or so, they are

Bonjour Services - Now i had this installed on Windows XP but never had any messages pop up on XP before. I've been wondering what the *** this is for a long time now, but never really been assed to research it, since I knew it might something important as far as I can tell.

IP Helper - This is another process that says that stopped workin, but don't really know what it exactly is, but did some research on it, and it's to do with the IP addresss etc.

But most off all The most troublesome messge that really bugs me is the 

Host Process Has Stopped Working - I know a lot of people do get it so I am not alone, but I DON'T have NERO installed on my pc,....yet! So I am thinking this process causes the messege to show from another software I have installed on my pc, but no idea what it could be. I also read a lot people say this causes their Windows Explorer to crash and slows down their Interent Speed and so. The thing with my is that it doesn't do any of that, the only thing I get is the Taskbar refreshes i.e. the Taskbar turns into the old taskbar skin for 1 second and then it's turns back to the aero windows vista taksbar, and that's it...that's all it does whe I click CLOSE. Then again, I could be wrong and something might be not working in the background or something.

Please If anyone could help me get rid off these issues, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

-Joe
    Sunday, November 23, 2008 2:28 AM

All replies

•  

What's the fault data and bucket number for the Host Process crash according to the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel's "View Problem History"?

Note that it's possible to have nevideo.ax (Nero file) on your system without "Nero" installed, so you might want to double-check for that file.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 8:44 AM
  •  JOE ALUCARD wrote:

Bonjour Services - Now i had this installed on Windows XP but never had any messages pop up on XP before. I've been wondering what the *** this is for a long time now, but never really been assed to research it, since I knew it might something important as far as I can tell.

For that particular one check for any Apple software running on your machine, for what it does here is a refrence taken from wiki.

The wiki information below gives you an idea:

The current implementation of Bonjour for Windows is version 1.0.5. This version works with Windows 2000, 2003, XP, and Vista. It is primarily used in order to ease the installation, configuration, and use of network printers and thus runs from startup. When Bonjour is fully implemented on MS Windows, some features such as iChat allow for communication between the Mac OS and MS Windows. Bonjour for Windows also adds Zeroconf capabilities to Internet Explorer, and provides a Zeroconf implementation to Java JVMs.

Besides Apple software such as iTunes, Bonjour is also delivered with some third party applications, such as Adobe's Photoshop CS3 suite, to take advantage of Zeroconf technology.

Bonjour is normally placed in a folder called "Bonjour" within the "Program Files" folder. Bonjour modifies Windows system registry entries to related to internal network configuration and operation. In some cases, this disrupts internet service for users. In the list of MS Windows startup services, Bonjour runs as the name mDNSResponder.exe consuming almost a full megabyte of memory.

Communications across the network take place over UDP port 5353, which may require reconfiguring some personal or corporate firewalls that may block Bonjour packets. A full installation of Bonjour for Windows will include a plug-in for Internet Explorer, a printer wizard and the network communication services. Not all components are included, when installed as part of a third party application or as a component of other Apple software such as iTunes.

Some VPN clients are configured so that local network services are unavailable to a computer when VPN software is active and connected. In such a case, no local Zeroconf services are available to Bonjour or any other Zeroconf implementation.

The Windows version of the open source IM client Pidgen, supports the Bonjour IM protocol.

Also, Apple's "Remote" application for iPhone and iPod Touch uses Bonjour to establish connection to iTunes libraries via Wi-Fi

If you want to remove the above process:

Open a Windows Run prompt box and type the following command: “C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe” -remove

Navigate to the following folder in Windows Explorer: C:\Program Files\Bonjour

Rename the mdnsNSP.dll file in that folder to mdnsNSP.old

Restart your computer

Delete the Bonjour folder in Program Files

Thursday, November 27, 2008 7:11 AM