AppV with Android studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there

I am new to app V however I have created a package for Android studio and all seems ok ish.

First of all I think i should give you a bit of a background in why we decided to virtualise the software. When we loaded up on to the PC, we found that the software would want extra downloads and updates all the time, not to mention admin rights to install these extra bits and pieces. Then because of the way our group policy works, a students profile would be deleted after 7 days etc.

So now I have created a package I get this line of error code when running the program from the application catalogue

Error:C:\Users\myusername\.gradle\native\23\windows-amd64\native-platform.dll (The system cannot find the path specified), from what I have read you can install this through the virtual file system - add file, however this part isn't highlighted at all? So I am at a loss in how to add this file. Also the way we create the package is done on Vsphere, so on that machine I am a full admin, where as on the PCs, not that it should matter,  I am an admin, but not a full admin etc. 

First of all I am going to get a staff member to test it and see what issues they get if any but I have a feeling I will need to add this at some point. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could insert the file needed?

Thanks for any info

Ed

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:39 AM

All replies

• I would add the file while in monitoring mode.

Alternatively you can add it in the Sequence editor on the FileSystem tab.  You right click on a folder to add.  The file must be present on the local system to perform the add (not necessarily in the right place, but you can't pull in in from a share for this operation).

Tim Mangan MVP for App-V and Citrix CTP Author of AppV books: "PowerShell with App-V 5 (5.1 Edition)", "The Client Book (4.x)" and "OSD Reference Book" (http://www.tmurgent.com/Books )

Saturday, November 4, 2017 12:51 AM