Skype for Business 2016 Client does not automatically launch when opening a Skype meeting URL in Internet Explorer or in OWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Skype for Business 2016 client does not automatically launch when opening a Skype meeting URL in Internet Explorer or in OWA.

In Outlook when we click on the Skype meeting URL the Skype clients starts automatically

We have a msi install of Office 2016 with Skype for Business

When we open Internet Explorer > Manage add ons i can only see two add ons for Skype client

Skype for Business Browser Helper and Skype for Business Click to Call

The version on the Skype for Business Clients is 16.0.4738.100

Internet Explorer version is 11.2189.14393.0

Morten

mh

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Morten,

You could follow the steps below to check about this issue:
    1. Check whether the meeting URL has ?SL=1 at the end of it, if it has, it will force the use of the web app.
    2. Make sure the IE add-on MeetingJoinHelper Class’s status is Enabled. The add ons should as the picture below:

3. Try to clean boot in the PC, details you could refer to the following document:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows 
    4. Check whether there are some tripartite softwares in the PC, and also check the antivirus software.
    5. Based on my research, the latest version in the official document is 16.0.4732.1000 for now, according to your description, the version you used seems the higher version. About this, I suggest you could try to use the version 16.0.4732.1000 to check whether also have this issue. You could find the details from following document:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/3123065/how-to-obtain-the-latest-update-for-skype-for-business-2016 

Best Regard,
    Evan
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Friday, September 14, 2018 5:54 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:58 AM
  • Hi Morten,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Friday, September 14, 2018 5:54 AM
  • Hi Morten,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Monday, September 17, 2018 5:55 AM
  • Hello

I have found out that the dll file  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\MeetingJoinAxOC.dll is not registered in Internet Explorer.

If i try to register the dll file manually,  i can see it in Internet Explorer under Manage Add-ons and Show All add-ons.

But it still dont open the Skype meeting from IE and OWA correctly with the Skype client

It opens av blank page in IE and tries to open Outlook Web App.

We dont have Outlook Web App installed on our PCs

I also find out that we have the lastest version of the Skype client 16.0.4471.1000

Morten

mh

Monday, September 17, 2018 10:04 AM
  • Hi Morten,

You could try to reset the MeetingJoinHelper class add-in, and then check whether fix this issue. About how to reset the MeetingJoinHelper class add-in, you could refer to the following official document:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2633075/you-cannot-join-lync-online-meetings-in-office-365-dedicated 

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 6:13 AM
  • Hi Morten,

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:03 AM
  • Hi Morten,

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:54 AM