Skype for business integration with Cisco Meeting Server RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any guide for setting up the integration with Cisco meeting server ? i need to make calls between cisco meeting app and skype for business clients ; hoping for positive respone

thnx

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:37 PM

All replies

• Hi haari.231,

Welcome to post in our forum.

The following document describes the deployment of Cisco meeting server, please refer to the following link to do the integration between Cisco meeting server and Lync server
    http://www.google.com.my/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiQk8XW0rvRAhWEULwKHY0fAroQFggZMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cisco.com%2Fc%2Fdam%2Fen%2Fus%2Ftd%2Fdocs%2Fconferencing%2FciscoMeetingServer%2FDeployment_Guide%2FVersion-2-0%2FCisco-Meeting-Server-2-0-Single-Split-Server-Deployment.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHn2Ah7JspbNPiqrD5fk7I1zzfR6Q&bvm=bv.143423383,d.dGc

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 5:24 AM
  • I have tried using the above guide but the call from skype client cannot reach Cisco Meeting Server ; i couldnt find out what will be the issue ?
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:50 AM
  • Hi haari.231,

Thanks for your response.

Are there any error messages?

Please try to use SFB debugging tool check if there are any event IDs.
    The following document is for your reference
    https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13162991/cisco-meeting-server-join-skype-business-sfb-issue

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:37 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:37 AM
  • In which step did you find problems ?

Did you import the Root CA certificate that signed Cisco Meeting Server to your Lync FEs Trusted Root Certificate Authorities store ?

Does the CMS FQDN matches the Subject Name of the CMS certificate ?

You can detect that there's a TLS negociation problem between CMS and Lync in the Event Viewer, you should find an error entry stating :

TLS outgoing connection failures.

Over the past 1 minutes, Skype for Business Server has experienced TLS outgoing connection failures 1 time(s). The error code of the last failure is 0x80090322(SEC_E_WRONG_PRINCIPAL) while trying to connect to the server "cms.contoso.com" at address [10.210.30.5:5061], and the display name in the peer certificate is "blah.contoso.com"

If so, you need to double check your certs, both of your CMS and Lync.

I have written a blog post about integration CMS with Lync. Check it if you find something useful to troubleshoot your problem : 

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:48 PM
  • Hi, 

By now you have probably found the answer but the Cisco Meeting Server guide provides the information on how to do this.

Usually if you cannot reach the Cisco Meeting server there is an issue with the required DNS records or firewall openings.

If you have a dual home setup the skype edge server needs to reach the CMS core server on the required ports for STUN to work and negotiate media.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 10:58 AM