none
MDT 2013, W7SP1 x64 - how to set proxy settings? Tried IEAK11 and manual edit at the Suspend-phase RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm building a reference image using a dedicated TS. Everything is going great but I can't seem to set the proxy settings! I added them manually in the suspend-step but after deployment the proxy setting is plain "automatically detect....". Today I tried IEAK11 using a procedure I found on deploymentresearch.com and it's still "automatically detect..." ! I even added ApplyGPOPack=NO to my customsettings.ini because I've read there could be issues with this setting. But nope, nothing changed. Tried to put CopyProfile=TRUE, but nope again. Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 12:35 PM

Answers

• I've got it.

1) edit unattend.xml : add amd64_Microsoft-Widnows-IE-ClientNetworkProtocolImplementation_neutral to step oobeSystem, change HKLMProxyEnable to true, fill in HKLMProxyOverride and HKLMProxyServer

2) add a new step in the Reference Image Building TS : "reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxySettingsPerUser /t REG_DWORD /d 0" (without this key the values in step 1) remain empty.

3) at first - with only 1) and 2) the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" was not checked. I added ;<local> as last address in HKLMProxyOverride and now it's checked.

• Edited by KZen Muug Wednesday, June 3, 2015 9:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by KZen Muug Wednesday, June 3, 2015 9:49 AM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 8:59 AM

All replies

• Are you installing the package you made with IEAK during deployment to the client? Don't make your browser changes in the reference image since it's going to be sysprep'd anyway.

I create multiple IE packages and then restrict them to run on specific platforms

I then create an application bundle and add them all as dependencies.

In the task sequence that is used to deploy to clients, I add the application bundle so that IE will be configured.

So far it's worked perfectly for me.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:22 PM
  • Hi Dan,

I followed this procedure : http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/327/Adding-Internet-Explorer-11-to-your-Windows-7-SP1-reference-image

It uses the exe, not the msi. I've added it to the TS as an application and IE11 really is installed, but the proxy settings don't change.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:29 PM
  • Well you can certainly use that method to install IE11 on Windows 7 before Windows Update runs. But if you want to configure settings you should make a separate package for settings only and "install" that during the client deployment. Then in the future if you need to modify IE settings, you don't have to modify or rebuild your reference image.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 1:42 PM
  • I've got it.

1) edit unattend.xml : add amd64_Microsoft-Widnows-IE-ClientNetworkProtocolImplementation_neutral to step oobeSystem, change HKLMProxyEnable to true, fill in HKLMProxyOverride and HKLMProxyServer

2) add a new step in the Reference Image Building TS : "reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxySettingsPerUser /t REG_DWORD /d 0" (without this key the values in step 1) remain empty.

3) at first - with only 1) and 2) the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" was not checked. I added ;<local> as last address in HKLMProxyOverride and now it's checked.

• Edited by KZen Muug Wednesday, June 3, 2015 9:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by KZen Muug Wednesday, June 3, 2015 9:49 AM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 8:59 AM