none
October 2016 Patching RRS feed

• Question

• I know that starting this month, Microsoft will release one update instead of multiple ones.  I have a few questions regarding this

1.  The security only says it will collect all the security patches for that month.  Does that include .net update as well?  I see there will be a separate update for .NET but the verbiage sounds like it will include that ALL security updates for that month.

2.  Will that Security Only update be available in WSUS and SCCM?

3.  Will this change the classifications in WSUS? and if so has there or will there be a patch to update this?
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Sam L1,

>1.  The security only says it will collect all the security patches for that month.  Does that include .net update as well?  I see there will be a separate update for .NET but the verbiage sounds like it will include that ALL security updates for that month.

"Beginning October 2016, you will be able to install a new update release called the .NET Framework Monthly Rollup. The rollup will update the .NET Framework with the latest security and quality improvements."

>2.  Will that Security Only update be available in WSUS and SCCM?

"You can get it via Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services or the Microsoft Update Catalog. It will be released on “Patch Tuesday” each Month, starting in October 2016."

You may check the following blog for detailed information about .net Framework Monthly Rollup:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2016/08/15/introducing-the-net-framework-monthly-rollup/

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Sam L1,

>1.  The security only says it will collect all the security patches for that month.  Does that include .net update as well?  I see there will be a separate update for .NET but the verbiage sounds like it will include that ALL security updates for that month.

"Beginning October 2016, you will be able to install a new update release called the .NET Framework Monthly Rollup. The rollup will update the .NET Framework with the latest security and quality improvements."

>2.  Will that Security Only update be available in WSUS and SCCM?

"You can get it via Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services or the Microsoft Update Catalog. It will be released on “Patch Tuesday” each Month, starting in October 2016."

You may check the following blog for detailed information about .net Framework Monthly Rollup:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2016/08/15/introducing-the-net-framework-monthly-rollup/

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:17 AM
  • Hi Sam L1,

Could the above replies be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Monday, October 24, 2016 1:44 AM