Kype for Business on premise Extension issue RRS feed

• Question

• We have deployed Skype for Business 2016 on premise and I can not dial an Skype internal extension. The user is set to enterprise voice. The line uri format is tel:+1208xxxxxxx;ext=4xxxxxxx   I can dial the 1208xxxxxxx, from a cisco phone or a Skype client, but I cannot dial the 4xxxxxxx. I have used Snooper to verify the digits are being received correctly. The output just show "4xxxxxxx user does not exist". Any suggestions? To clarify, I have a CUCM system and I am trying to dial the 4xxxxxxx extension number of a Skype user. I can dial the 1208xxxxxxx number from my Cisco phone but I can't dial the 4xxxxxxx number.  What I am trying to do is dial the extension number of a Skype client from an external phone connected via SIP from the CUCM to the Skype Pool. I know the SIP is up and working as external calls, which go through the CUCM system, are completed normally and I can dial the access code for the SIP trunk and the 1208xxxxxxx number and be connected. Just can't dial the 4xxxxxxx. I cannot dial the 4xxxxxxx number from a cisco phone or the skype client. Am I not able to do this with 2016?
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi mnkbishop,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Would you please tell us did the issue only appear on the specific user ?

If the issue only appeared on the specific user, please try to compare user attributes in AD between the affect user and other normal users.
    For SFB client, please try to delete SFB cache files and make sure it has the latest update.
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

If the issue happen to all users in your environment, please check the configuration of Lync enterprise voice
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412876.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

The following blog describes how to assign telephone number to users, please refer to
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2011/11/30/assigning-telephone-numbers-to-lync-enterprise-voice-users/

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, January 16, 2017 9:33 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2017 2:30 AM
  • Hello Bishop,

This is what you have to do,

Go into dialplan and check your global dialplan

make the rules in your globaldial which will covert your 4xxxxxxx  into +1208xxxxxxx;ext=4xxxxxxx

so that from cisco when you will dial 400001 global dialplan will change this to +12088989898;ext=4000001

let me know in case you face any issue, 

and before doing testing do try to dial 400001 from test section under global dialplan and check if now it is converting 400001 into +12088989898;ext=4000001 or not..

Regards

S

• Edited by SEPESUSH Friday, January 13, 2017 7:49 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2017 7:46 AM