locked
psappdeploytoolkit with MDT 2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Tryign to get Adobe Reader installed as a test using psappdeploytoolkit as an application.

    I have the following:

    Build server = Server1  An application setup with this as the command: powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "Deploy-Application.ps1" and a unc path to \\server2\adobeReader

    The computer is never joined to the domain

    If I login as the local admin account access \\server2\adobereader I'm prompted for domain creds.  Once entered I can run the Deploy-Application.ps1 file and reader is installed.

    If however I login as the local admin (or my domain admin) and run \\server1\buildshare\scripts\litetouch.wsf I can authenticate with domain creds ok.  Then run a task sequence which just had 1 application in it this fails.

    I can see that the problem is with authenticating against server2 but even if I add into the ps script a net use command right before the execute-msi I still can't get it working.  The file I'm working from is the example one here where I've made minimal changes just to include the relevant paths.

    Has anyone else come across this problem before?

    Cheers,
    Mark

    Thursday, February 12, 2015 5:33 PM

All replies

  • I too have tried to add  packages as applications to MDT 2013 and they just don't run. 

    Anybody know why or how they can be made to run?  It would make life easier if I could reuse  in MDT Reference image creation. 

    Cheers

    Da'flibble

    Friday, June 26, 2015 10:48 AM
  • Well if you're just trying to install Reader using a script, here's mine. Big advantage with this script is you get logging, both in the BDD.log and it'll create it's own log file.

    <job id="Install-AdobeReaderDC">
    <script language="VBScript" src="..\..\scripts\ZTIUtility.vbs"/>
    <script language="VBScript"> 
    
    '//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '// Purpose: Used to install Adobe Reader DC.
    '// Usage: cscript Install-AdobeReaderDC.wsf [/debug:true]
    '// Version: 1.0 - April 9, 2015 - Daniel Vega
    '//
    '//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    '//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '// Global constant and variable declarations
    '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    
    Option Explicit 
    Dim iRetVal 
    
    '//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '// End declarations
    '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    
    '//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '// Main routine
    '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    
    On Error Resume Next
    iRetVal = ZTIProcess
    ProcessResults iRetVal
    On Error Goto 0 
    
    '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '//
    '// Function: ZTIProcess()
    '//
    '// Input: None
    '// 
    '// Return: Success - 0
    '// Failure - non-zero
    '//
    '// Purpose: Perform main ZTI processing
    '// 
    '//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    Function ZTIProcess() 
    
    	Dim sSetupFile
    	Dim sArguments
    		
    	sSetupFile = oUtility.ScriptDir & "\Source\AcroRead.msi"
    	sArguments = "/qn /norestart TRANSFORMS=""" & oUtility.ScriptDir & "\Source\CUSTOM.mst"""
    '//	sArguments = "/qn /norestart PATCH=""" & oUtility.ScriptDir & "\Source\AdbeRdrUpd11010.msp""" & " TRANSFORMS=""" & oUtility.ScriptDir & "\Source\CUSTOM.mst"""
    
    	'Install Adobe Reader DC
    
    	oLogging.CreateEntry oUtility.ScriptName & ": Starting installation", LogTypeInfo
    
    	If not oFSO.FileExists(sSetupFile) then
    		oLogging.CreateEntry oUtility.ScriptName & ": " & sSetupFile & " was not found, unable to install", LogTypeError
    		ZTIProcess = Failure
    		Exit Function
    	End if
    
    	iRetVal = oUtility.RunWithHeartbeat("msiexec.exe /i """ & sSetupFile & """ " & sArguments & " /lew """ & oUtility.LocalRootPath & "\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS\Install-AdobeReaderDC.log""")
    	
    	if (iRetVal = 0) or (iRetVal = 3010) then
    		ZTIProcess = Success 
    	Else 
    		ZTIProcess = Failure
    		oLogging.CreateEntry "Install-AdobeReaderDC: Error installing AdobeReaderDC. Check the log " & oUtility.LocalRootPath & "\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS\Install-AdobeReaderDC.log", LogTypeWarning
    	End If
    
    	' Enable Zone Checks
    	oEnv.Remove("SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS")
    
    	oLogging.CreateEntry oUtility.ScriptName & ": Return code from command = " & iRetVal, LogTypeInfo
    	oLogging.CreateEntry oUtility.ScriptName & ": Finished installation", LogTypeInfo
    	
    End Function
    
    </script>
    </job>

    So the second sArguments line is there so that when a patch comes out, you can delete the first line and uncomment the second one. Then just change the file name in the patch section to the actual file name of the msp file you added to your source folder. Then it'll install Reader with the patch. If you didn't create a custom transform file you can remove that section.

    Your imported application folder should look like this:

    Application settings should look similar this:


    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

    Friday, June 26, 2015 3:50 PM