none
Exporting a local GPO to another W10 workstation

Question

• Hello,

I would like to ask a question about the following issue I currently have.

On a workstation I made a local GPO by running mmc.exe and loading the GPO module, and selecting users that are not inside the local admin group.

Our machines are not inside the domain and we would like to keep it that way.

After configuring all the settings I would like to export, I saved this as a .msc file, when I try to load this on a diffrent workstation none of these settings are imported.

I tried various ways to import the settings that I came across.

I've tried to replace the folders machine and user  from %systemroot%\system32\GroupPolicy with the folders of the machine that has been configured, unfortunatly this didn't solve my problem.

Also I tried to use LGPO.exe to backup the GPO and load it on the other workstation also this didnt solve the issue.

Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Thnx in advance,

Greetings Alex

Friday, March 31, 2017 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

Based on my test, copying the %systemroot%\system32\GroupPolicy folder from the resource computer and then pasting to destination computer is working fine on my Windows 10 1607 computers.

Please remember to run gpupdate /force command after replacing the new Group Policy folder.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 8:23 AM